Intro. "Wire Gold"

WIRE GOLD

Hi Everyone.
I metal detected a 500$ piece of wire gold in 1985, in Colorado, first time out. But before that, I swung one of those heavy White's coin machines, for coins around western MN. I've spent eight years, out west, supporting myself, by only using a metal detector. I've had the usual jobs, before and after, that never seem to go anywhere, but those eight years were a high point.
People on these forums always seem to come up with good questions. And some of those questions came up to me, in the past, and I've figured out some solutions, I can share.
Naturally, I have a chronic, low grade, gold fever, pretty much since my first wire gold find, I'm hopeless.
To while away my remaining days, I've been researching old newspapers online. And in the last month, I've been able to share my some of my information, with the everyone. And by getting to know me better, I'm going to share my blog and web site.
https://vernnord1.wixsite.com/mysite-1
https://reportscoarsegoldsilver.wordpress.com/
On the web site, I'm giving away about a years worth of research. And the blog is kind of more fun, but has newspaper clips, that back up my research. I've even compiled a list of the largest silver chunks or nuggets, ever mined, in the US. It's on the about page. If you have ever seen a list of large silver nuggets or hard rock chunks, I'd be very surprised. Why, it's anyone's guess. I've seen several articles that talk about the biggest gold lumps, but not silver, your welcome. I'm sure silver nuggets came up on this forum. There's a great article about big gold nuggets, hidden on my hidden site, from Mining and Scientific Press, 1911, by a Mr. Del Mar, that lists the largest gold nuggets ever mined in the US. If you find my web sites, keep it secret, it'll be between you and me. I don't want to answer a bunch of questions.
What I'm looking for is a mine owner, to run across my research, and get a hold of me, and I'll offer to MD his dump, for a honest split.
After doing the research, I found out that I drove by a mine that produced a 17 pound chunk of gold, while going to more well known gold mines. Must have drove by that mine fifty times. The Dunkin mine, it's described on my blog, and not my opinion, the words of newspaper people of around 1915. Do I want to get permission and metal detect on the Dunkin mine dump, why yes. Do you know the owner of that mine? Contact me. It's hard to get to the court house and look up the owner, then find out they are not interested, not interested in chunks of gold. But Boulder county CO, has a great site, the assessor has a web site, where you can look up owners of mines, online. Some Assessors have their stuff together. Looking up mine owners is one of the hardest things.
That's the thing about my research, it's not my opinion, but an newspapers opinion. I based my research on newspapers. Kind of a mistake, but sometimes, newspapers get it right, the blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while.
What would be nice is if an owner of one of these mines, saw my research, got a hold of me, and we worked a deal out, where I metal detected his dump, and we split whatever we found. It would have to be a pretty good dump, but still. Cheers.

Welcome to the forum! Very neat articles there! Thank you!

Do you have a picture of yours?

Welcome! You should fit right in here! When it comes to GOLD, A lot of us suffer your same affliction...Its more of a 'support group' than a rehab kind of deal...:laughing::laughing:

Welcome from North Central MA! Was reading down through the article and thought it funny that they gave the weight in dollars. What exactly is gold wire as in what you found and others in the articles? Sorry, only thing I'd ever heard about was nuggets or flakes. Thanks for your time!

Back
Top Bottom