Its been one year of detecting! Thanks everyone.

Barracuda

Forum Supporter
It has been one year and man has it been fun!

It all started with my grandpa bringing his detector to my house. He scanned my yard for about 30 minutes, and we found a buffalo nickel. It got me excited I couldn't stop thinking about what else could be here? It is centered in the picture below. Keep in mind yes I ruined it. I wanted to clean it up not knowing what I was doing I soaked it in vinegar, and I'm well aware how I ruined it! :lol:

My first silver is my most memorable moment.

A year ago I bought the AT Pro, and we began our voyage across the Midwest. I had no idea what I was doing, but I immediately started in pro zero. I tried multiple places with old history and went 3 months without finding a single silver coin. I even began to think it was the stock coils fault and switched to the 5x8. :laughing:

Finally, one day out hunting a spot and getting bummed from finding a lot of trash (also the first day with the 5x8) I hit a high solid 88 signal and dug up an 1856 seated quarter. Talk about an insane first silver find. That right there sealed the deal, and I was hooked!

I later traded Jerr-man up to the XP Deus and got to meet him in person. Jerry is a great guy and has helped me out a lot! I hope I get to join them on the yearly hunt they host later this year!

I won't rant about how great this machine it is because I do that every day:laughing:. But it's some amazing technology.

The rest of the coins were all No way! moments
-Three Fatty Indians within 20 feet.
-Seated Dime I found with my brother in law (he found 3 in a spill)
-First 2 cent piece
-Big silver with the walking liberty
-First gold ring
-First 3 ringer civil war bullet
-First barber and Merc dime
-First Largie
-First shield nickels

This forum has made this experience 100x more fun as well. Thanks for everyone's constructive criticism and putting up with my shenanigans.:p

GL HH

b47e73f29832372010e9f740efd2a9d8.jpg

a98cabc29bc18677e445d1d22468c17a.jpg

Nice finds Cuda and Thank You for the kind words. Hope we get a chance to hunt together soon.

You've had a very great first year! :)

Thanks!

Nice finds Cuda and Thank You for the kind words. Hope we get a chance to hunt together soon.
I agree! We all should meet up somewhere too!

Great work and participation here Cuda!
Thanks mud!
You are going to town with that thing. What you going to do when that show case is full ?
You are doing good.. KEN :D
Thanks Ken!
Im not sure haha. I need a bigger one! Maybe even an entire room! haha my wife will kill me :laughing:

The love between a man and his detector. It's a beautiful thing. Great machine I had one myself but I mostly water and wet sand hunt. If they ever come out with a salt water version, Bang I'm on it . Good showing and good luck.

Congratulations on your first year cuda !! Some Great finds. I'm at month 9 (or month 5 in real detector time) and definitely hooked.

Awesome finds that's all I can say, you have really come onto you own. It still amazes me that the old stuff is still in the ground all these years, and we are finding it now, just awesome. Thanks for sharing, keeps us all pumped up about this hobby of ours.
Keep up the good work finding your treasures Cuda......... Cliff

Back
Top Bottom