finally learning my ctx

Dflan83

Elite Member
Was out the other day and ended up using my goto the trashy park pattern. I like to take it low and slow and let the minelab sniff out the goods. I am constantly amazed at how well I can do in the iron even running multi conductive.

I got a repeatable solid signal along with a null but it was definitely there. reading on the ctx was about 12-42. I dug out 2 iron nails and was starting to worry that the machine had falsed on some iron when further down the hole was a nice silver ring. :D

My favorite thing about this machine is the faster recovery speed and the options to run it fast or like an etrac. Haven't hit the water yet but will soon

Are you using the standard coil in the trashy areas?
Still getting to know mine too!
Great Machine!!!

most of the time i have the standard coil on. I have some especially trashy sites that I use the 6 in coil but I mostly reserve that one for water use to reduce a lot of the drag the 11 in coil has.

Both work great and for most of my needs the 11 in seems to do well even in lots of trash.

I buckle mine in the back seat when traveling :laughing: I also claim it on my taxes :lol: jk jk this machine has shown the most promise in terms of finding good targets near or close to junk. I want to try a deus eventually but I hear that is pretty good in heavy iron too. Congrats and enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom