My Coin Spill Story ! πŸ’°πŸ’°

Reef Runner

Forum Supporter
After reading several coin spill stories, I thought I'd share mine.....πŸ“

🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢

Back in July 2015, when I was very new (< 1mo) to MDing, I ran across a spill while hunting on the beach, and within less than one square yard, and about ten minutes, I had pulled out 55 coins (14-quarters, 12-dimes, 7-nickels, and 22-pennies). Being new at the time, I didn't even know what it was called, and I thought this was going to be the norm, but since, I have found that not to be exactly so πŸ˜₯

β›± It was actually kind of amazing, the way it happened. My wife and I were walking along, on a perfectly ordinary beach, no wash outs or gully's or anything, just heavily trampled dry sand, well above the tide line, with lots and lots of people around. Just as I located a possible coin, some guy started asking us questions about the detector. As I was trying to explain (as best I could), I just kept retrieving coin after coin with the scoop, rechecking the same spot, and retrieving more coins, and all the time handing them to my wife. Before I realized it, she had both hands full, we had drawn a crowd of spectators, and I think the original guy was looking up the MD (AT Pro) on his phone. He was definitely hooked, and me too! Too bad those days don't come more often, but when they do - YEE HA ! β›±

I wonder how many of those spectators thought: "Wow, that's so easy, I should get one of those". :lol:

He painted a great mental picture for me. Great story.

Thanks....can't you just see 'em ? β›±πŸ€”β›±πŸ€”β›±πŸ€”β›±

ps....and I still can't find anything that requires pics...but if you must !

IMG_7328.jpg

Last edited:
Some "spills" from the last 2 1/2 years since I started...

latest: 2 wheats and a 1956 quarter

Best:I think it was 2 old jeffersons and a buffalo ,a wheat,and a silver quarter

My Coin Spill Story ! πŸ’°πŸ’°

Those are the kind of finds that don't happen very often. It's not always valuable coins, but the excitement of the find is ALWAYS there.:yes: Congratulations and hope you can find more spills.:D

My second season I hit a spill in my buddies yard (house was built circa 1850) I found two mercs a Rosie and two wheats. Two nights ago I hit a shield nickel a flying eagle and a fatty injun in the same hole! Gotta love it you really just never know. Happy hunting everyone!

Back
Top Bottom