Jaw Dropping Find! LITERALLY!

GalaxyHunter

Searched a property that dates back to the 1700s....found this gem. Nearly scared the !!!! out of me when it fell out of the plug. Any ideas on a date or history behind it? Its small, maybe a childs plate? Very well made I must say.

Attachments

• Porcalein Teeth.jpg
    Porcalein Teeth.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 2,712
Wow, that's crazy! What's the metal made out of? They sure look old. I'd sure love to know more.

wow! that's cool. Are they porcelain teeth? if so it is old. if the base is pewter it is old! I would take it to your dentist and show them, they may be able to give you some insight. BTW, it is collectible so don't just throw it away. Give it to someone in the dental field. People collect old dental antiques and that includes dentures!:yes:

Nice title to your thread....

Maybe a dentist who post here,,can date your find.

Congrats.

A little spooky though.

Put it under your pillow, maybe you'll get a quarter for each tooth from the tooth fairy ! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Seriously, find a web site for a dentist or someone who collects old dental stuff and email them the photo to see if they can date it.

That's interesting. I as well found a set of dentures once, it did freak me out a little. House dated to early 1700's. Mine is a full set, top and bottom. The metal on mine appears to be silver and the teeth are definitely porcelain. Dug them about 14" deep. Almost like someone buried them. Rinsed them off with water and they are as shiny as the day they were put in the ground. Just reread your post, mine are quite small as well.

Thanks guys! I think it is silver...not sure how to tell if its pewter. The teeth are definitely porcelain...I did "brush its teeth today" and the metal is a bit shinier now.

Here are some updated photos.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 2.10.48 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 2.10.48 PM.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 2,493
  • Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 2.10.51 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 2.10.51 PM.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 2,491
Looking hen up online they seem to have some value potentially! Maybe they are Ivory? Look like some other really old examples I've seen online. Type 1700's dentures into google. Pretty darn interesting

Ivory ? not really ...

Ivory is natural and has pours and will show age by turning yellow and these remain shinny ... porcelin stays shinny and white and thats my best guess .
Woodstock

Back
Top Bottom