Fisher 75se ground balancing update

ramer

Elite Member
I've been asking people for their advice on why I couldn't do a ground grab with the Fisher 75se. Well, here's the update on this issue:

Well, it looks like the stock coil on the 75se is defective. I was on the phone with a Fisher tech for 45 minutes this morning. He had me run through some procedures and said the coil is definitely defective. I put on the 5 inch coil and it did the ground grab without any issues at all. Quite a nice little coil. I can see where it would work great in trashy areas. Detecting for awhile with this 5 inch coil left me with the impression that the 75se could be a great machine if you are not using a defective coil on it. On another forum it was stated that there had been some issues with these coils in the past. Looks like I ended up with one of those issues.
Looks like I will be stuck for the cost of a new stock coil because Fisher says it only honors the warranty from the orginal buyer. They want 200 dollars for one. So if anyone has one for sale let me know. I'll post that I am looking for one over on the proper forum.

I've been asking people for their advice on why I couldn't do a ground grab with the Fisher 75se. Well, here's the update on this issue:

Well, it looks like the stock coil on the 75se is defective. I was on the phone with a Fisher tech for 45 minutes this morning. He had me run through some procedures and said the coil is definitely defective. I put on the 5 inch coil and it did the ground grab without any issues at all. Quite a nice little coil. I can see where it would work great in trashy areas. Detecting for awhile with this 5 inch coil left me with the impression that the 75se could be a great machine if you are not using a defective coil on it. On another forum it was stated that there had been some issues with these coils in the past. Looks like I ended up with one of those issues.
Looks like I will be stuck for the cost of a new stock coil because Fisher says it only honors the warranty from the orginal buyer. They want 200 dollars for one. So if anyone has one for sale let me know. I'll post that I am looking for one over on the proper forum.

Wow that sucks, how long ago did you buy it? Do you think the seller knew the coil was defective? The 11in DD is an awesome coil but they do come at a price, it might be tough finding a used one since most people use them. Maybe you can ask the seller to use the warranty through him and get the coil replaced?

Back
Top Bottom