CTX 17" coil program for beach

kyhoas9m

Same as 11", or different on this coil. Have been using the 17 for a few hunts using same settings as 11 inch standard coil. Seem to be doing alright maybe a bit more depth, much more weight, but covering lots of territory. Just wondering if there is a real good program for a low trash Beach program for the 17-inch coil. If anyone can point me towards a good program that would be downloadable on the Xchange 2 programs I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Edit : 17" coil not the ticket for those steep beaches
that is w/o harness anyway.....phewww

I use the same program/settings as for stock coil which is pretty wide open for the beach.

As AGREED; harness is the way to go to hunt with a 17" for any appreciable time.

After reading books and articles, I follow the author's tips and opted to leave a wide open screen because although the CTX is quite competent, disc can mask another objectis. Instead I hunt by tones and the VDI.

Same as 11", or different on this coil. Have been using the 17 for a few hunts using same settings as 11 inch standard coil. Seem to be doing alright maybe a bit more depth, much more weight, but covering lots of territory. Just wondering if there is a real good program for a low trash Beach program for the 17-inch coil. If anyone can point me towards a good program that would be downloadable on the Xchange 2 programs I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Edit : 17" coil not the ticket for those steep beaches
that is w/o harness anyway.....phewww

Thank you. Yes I have been hunting with the screen wide-open actually under the Relic mode digging mostly everything other than iron. I find my numbers Jump Around quite a bit the deeper the target.

Thank you. Yes I have been hunting with the screen wide-open actually under the Relic mode digging mostly everything other than iron. I find my numbers Jump Around quite a bit the deeper the target.

Yes, youll find that on any detector; deeper means less certainty. But with the CTX+17, it takes a lot deeper to make it iffy. HawgLaw is to dig all iffys that are deep.

Like i said above, I dig all , other than iron. At
Max depth, #'s bounce, but sound is what i
dig by... iffy is a jiffy with SS 720i. :)

Back
Top Bottom