Fisher F2 issues

ricky2855

Hello everyone,
New member, newbie and first time post.
I just bought a Fisher F2 and am trying to learn the basics. When I turn the unit on it chatters constantly at the default sensitivity setting and I have to turn it down to the second lowest setting for it to stop.
When I do this it seems like it doesn't detect much but if I turn it up it chatters constantly. This happens with both the 8 inch and sniper coil.

Is this normal or am I doing something wrong.
Thanks for any suggestions.

More then likely you are getting some type of electrical interference. Sometimes a cell phone, power lines too close, wifi etc can cause this. Take it outside away from your home or in a field and turn it on and see if it does the same. Does it do it as soon as you are turning it on or just when you are swinging? My yard is full of iron and construction trash and if I don't discriminate iron out it sounds like a machine gun going off when I swing it.
My parents house has some overhead power lines over their back yard and the first time I turned it on there I could not use it because it was constant beeping.

Suggestion: when you turn the machine on, press and hold the on button for a few seconds.

I learned this trick from Patton (he owns three F2 machines) and has given me some great advice. Also, Digger27 is another guy to get good advice from.

Good luck!

Thanks for the tips, I do have power lines running in my back yard where I have been practicing as well as wifi in the house.
Its all new to me so I will be learning from all the experts in this forum.........

Thanks for the tips, I do have power lines running in my back yard where I have been practicing as well as wifi in the house.
Its all new to me so I will be learning from all the experts in this forum.........

Any luck? My new F2 is chattering more than my wife does....lol.....

Kidding folks...kidding....

Make sure your batteries are lined up correctly in the battery compartment. IE- the "+" and "-" symbols on the sides of the batteries should line up with the "+" and "-" symbols in the batttery compartment.

Back
Top Bottom