Garrett ace 250

I leave my ACE in "Jewelry Mode" it seems to work best for me. A 8.5x11" DD coil is a pretty good investment as well. It'll give you a little more depth, better discrimination, and it's much easier to pinpoint with.... Good luck!

On your DD, when pinpointing... is it the "window" just above the mount (i.e. where the coil mounts to the coil/shaft posts:?: Or is it DIRECTLY below and/or center (i.e. directly below the coil/shaft posts):?: I can pinpoint VERY WELL with the stock 6.5x9 coil:yes: I still have a hard time knowing where the DD is telling me where to dig:?: Other than that, the DD is AWESOME... Very glad to have it as part of my arsenal. HH \_

Sounds like you have a Fisher CZ. :lol: My CZ's, Explorers, and F75 all do the same thing so even the high end detector will still be fooled by a rusty nail. Generally you can tell, the signal isnt as crisp, sometimes it only hits in one direction but it's still a must dig especially at old sites where it may be a deep coin or coin on edge.

On your DD, when pinpointing... is it the "window" just above the mount (i.e. where the coil mounts to the coil/shaft posts:?: Or is it DIRECTLY below and/or center (i.e. directly below the coil/shaft posts):?: I can pinpoint VERY WELL with the stock 6.5x9 coil:yes: I still have a hard time knowing where the DD is telling me where to dig:?: Other than that, the DD is AWESOME... Very glad to have it as part of my arsenal. HH \_

With a DD, the "dig point" ends up being just in front of the coil. You first need to center the target side to side and then pull back towards you until the signal drops off completely...the dig point will be centered, just in front of your coil. You can confirm the point by centering and then turning 90 degrees and centering again.

If you try to follow the concentric methodology, you will be off by 4-6 inches every time.

One more thing: You can reverse this process and make the dig point just behind the coil if you center it and then push it forward until the signal drops off.

I have a growing nail collection. Soon as I get a ton I will take it to the recycle yard for CASH! :D

Yup, the cutout just in front of the coil are where my targets show up using the machine's pinpoint feature. You can also use the "wiggle method" slowly backing your coil up as you wiggle it over your target will locate your target just in front of your coil when the tone stops. This works well with tricky targets that are deep or in an awkward position beneath the soil ie. a coin standing up on end.

Yup, the cutout just in front of the coil are where my targets show up using the machine's pinpoint feature. You can also use the "wiggle method" slowly backing your coil up as you wiggle it over your target will locate your target just in front of your coil when the tone stops. This works well with tricky targets that are deep or in an awkward position beneath the soil ie. a coin standing up on end.
Ive dug targets at 10" using this coil with good accuracy!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! I've watched a video... don't remember where, but probably youtube, where the guy states that the object is located in that "little window" just above where the coil mounts to the shaft:?::?::?: Everytime I TRIED to do this, it just wasn't working for me. Yes, my targets were at LEAST 2in off or more. It got to the point of me getting used to "knowing" where the previous target was so I would just guesstimate the one currently in question. Anyways, it never occurred to me to do what you guys describe... what a ROOKIE!!!:laughing::roll::D But at least I'm man enough to admit:D I will slap the DD on and go from there. I've been hunting during my lunch breaks lately like JBEXPRESS does. Will do this starting tomorrow. Thank you guys for clarifying it for me. The concentric is EASY as heck... HH \_ people

Back
Top Bottom