looking to upgrade...need some advise

luked

mainly a coin shooter and now i have a Teknetics Omega 8000 V5 and looking to upgrade maybe. have been looking at Minelab units mainly like the Explorer or Safari. but also looking for any advise on other units that would be a good upgrade for me.
what kind of machines would you all suggest for an upgrade.
i live in central Missouri.

Specials on Etrac and Safari

mainly a coin shooter and now i have a Teknetics Omega 8000 V5 and looking to upgrade maybe. have been looking at Minelab units mainly like the Explorer or Safari. but also looking for any advise on other units that would be a good upgrade for me.
what kind of machines would you all suggest for an upgrade.
i live in central Missouri.

I think the Minelab is a great detector, great coin shooting detector and works well on salt water beaches

any Questions give me a call or order on line
thank you

What is your budget? Etrac is a great coin shooter. If the budget allows, the CTX 3030 is at the top of the heap as far as coin shooters go (IMHO).

i would love to have another Etrac but budget isnt that big as much as i hate to say.
looking at hopefully buying an Explorer SE used if i can

Take a look at the Xterra 705. It's found a lot of cool stuff for me and is versatile and easy to use plus has multi-frequency capability. Reasonable price too.

i would love to have another Etrac but budget isnt that big as much as i hate to say.
looking at hopefully buying an Explorer SE used if i can

Explorer is a great machine. I've used the Explorer S, XS, II, and SePro as well as an Etrac and CTX. The latter model Explorers are very comparible to the Etrac and seem to have the same response times and an equally competent processor to quickly ID and/or discriminate unwanted targets. I have a detech 21" and WOT 15" coils and think they really shine when separating targets under a large coil footprint.

Another thing I found is that old targets often react with their environment and ID as a different object, especially if near salt water. For instance, an 80 year old 10k rings may ID as foil or copper. Blended gold rings may id as stainless. Old brass may id as 24k gold or iron. So my point is having an array of notch/disc settings may do more harm than good. (Again, just my opinion) Instead, I decide whether I'm going to dig it all or just eliminate iron.

With that thought process, I feel the Explorer is no different than an Etrac and for less money. However, I do notice a significant difference between those and a CTX. The CTX is simply a different ballgame and superior model.

I like the Safari Just a simple group of number does not quite have the bells and whistles like the SE & E-trac .. Will find what they do .. 4 programs to choose from ..

Back
Top Bottom