Getting a hit on one side of the swing.

RollTide

I have a Fisher F5 and still getting used to it. Some times I get a hit on one side of the swing. I will keep swinging from directions and never can really pin down the location so I move on. Would a coin or thin oblect on edge do this or what?

Thanks,
Steve

I have had the same issue with my F2 and was coming here to post the question. Hopefully we can both get the answer.

i allso get the same with my f2, i have dug them and they are allmost allways junk. but i still dig them sometimes, you never know.

I swing an F2. In my experience, if the signal is consistent, then it's often a coin on edge. If it's inconsistent, then it's usually trash. Notice I say "often" & "usually"...as both those observations haven't always held true.

I get the same problem with the ace 250. It sure is aggrivating. Was thinking a smaller coil might help. Like the sniper coil. Might try one later.

I use a 50% rule . If you mark a target and rotate more that 50%
around the hole , then i dig.
If its a iron false it will tend to move off its mark.

RollTide it sounds like your talking of the swing stroke .
Could be your boot or something on you getting to close
on Sens is to hi and getting detector unstable.
Also make sure connector and wires are not loose.

Good posts guys, I have a F2 and F5. If I don't get a good ring both ways I tend not to dig, however, it all depends on my mood and what I am looking for. If its 95 degrees not digging for a 61 reading of a zinc penny.

by not checking out deeper one way signals your missing good targets

All good information, I will have to start digging those one way targets and see what happens.

As noted, if you swing right to left and get a beep, but don't get a signal on the return left to right swing, you probably have junk or a coin on edge. Rotate yourself 90 degrees to your original swing and go over the spot again. If you get the same result and the signal is clean and your VDI numbers reasonably consistent, dig it. If not, I'd pass.

HH

As I said before, with both my f2 and f5 if its not a solid ring with a number I can identify I will most likely not dig but it all depends on my mood.

I have found the more I use the F5 that the tones and finding the coins is somewhat different than the f2

I think about the only thing you can be 100% sure of, with any detector, is that when it beeps, there is something metal down there. The rest is just a calculated guess, to help you decide whether it's worth the effort to dig it up. You will never really know, until you recover that piece of metal. Nothing wrong calling it trash, and passing it up, because you'll never know any different anyway...

I don't mind digging a lot of holes in my own yard (or my brother's), but more selective out in public. I want to be pretty sure it something good, if targets are just a foot or two apart, not looking to plow up the turf. I can always go back later on, after some recovery time.

Back
Top Bottom