14k with a BIG rock

Dirty Love

Elite Member
Well, I didn't say diamond.:lol:
Spent sun up to late afternoon in the water today. I could not get out for the past several days, so I felt an extended hunt was due. Extra fine weather here on the Gulf coast, water has been clean and flat for a good week now. I could tell lots of other hunters were out here on the weekend.
The 14k showed up in the scoop mid afternoon.....Any info on the stone, cause I got no clue?! Coins, phone and watch were part of the morning effort. I think the watch was tossed ( cheap China knockoff) because the band and pins are gone. I'm thinking it leaked on them so they kept the band and Davey Jones the watch.
The other ring??, I thought 925, but looks more like a spacer or something, fails the acid test.
DL

Attachments

• P1100590.JPG
    P1100590.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 507
  • P1100589.JPG
    P1100589.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 483
  • P1100591.JPG
    P1100591.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 488
  • P1100597.JPG
    P1100597.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 481
Nice! I'd guess malachite or green turquoise, possibly but not probably bloodstone, or if none of these, green chalcedony. But it's all just guessing from a picture... or.. maybe jadeite.

You got me! I was prepared to see a diamond.

That looks like a hammer stone. One that has been hammered by the surf. Nice find
I'm pretty sure it's not beat up from the surf, it was not deep, more like a fresh drop....just a top of the sand skim scoop recovered it. Pic of the back side shows the stone is natural.
DL

Attachments

• P1100604.JPG
    P1100604.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 435
Congrats on the gold! Looks like one of them crazy mood rings... I sure it put someone in a bad one when they lost it.. :laughing:

Nice finds DL

She's Gold and that's all that matters!! No clue on the stone fore sure.

I hope you take that to a jeweler to find out what stone it is. I am very curious as to others I am sure. They just don't put junk stones in 14K gold.

Please enlighten is if you get a chance.

Congrats on the gold!

Green turquoise? Just a guess.
Thanks GS, good guess...from pics I googled raw green turquoise looks possible.
Don't know about the stone but congrats on the gold.
Thanks DD

Real nice digging there Dirty!
Thanks Mud

Nice! I'd guess malachite or green turquoise, possibly but not probably bloodstone, or if none of these, green chalcedony. But it's all just guessing from a picture... or.. maybe jadeite.
Going with green Turquoise, thanks BBG

Thanks TL for your input and link

Congrats on the gold! Looks like one of them crazy mood rings... I sure it put someone in a bad one when they lost it.. :laughing

Nice finds DL

Ha Ha Thanks Wz71

QUOTE=Wom 27;2805080]Well done ![/QUOTE]
Thanks W27

She's Gold and that's all that matters!! No clue on the stone fore sure.
Thanks OBN,...Yep, still like to know what it is since it's Not for melt at this time

Great find! I'm jealous.
Thanks Bb....Green with envy, lol

Rough jade or silica? Worth less than a buck whatever it is. At least it's gold
Threw those 2 at my jeweler with the pic I sent, He leans more towards raw turquoise. I googled raw jade last night and thought, maybe.

Gold's gold! Congrats! :)
Thanks XT70

I hope you take that to a jeweler to find out what stone it is. I am very curious as to others I am sure. They just don't put junk stones in 14K gold.

Only time to send my jeweler a couple pics, He thinks raw Turquoise and old ring. Thanks SD

Except all the 14k CZs I find. Id rather find that weird stone for sure:lol:

Back
Top Bottom