garrett ace 400 or whites treasure pro

wyomingdetector

Buying a new detector for the first time in 21 years, and need some firsthand advice.I have researched detectors and come down to these two.Please any insight would be great, thanks in advance

I picked up the treasure pro last week. I have had a tesoro compadre for three years before this. I like the display with the backlight, AA batteries, and the DD coil. (tesoro is concentric) The controls are easy to learn, and it's not "overwhelming".

Today I went to the local park and found a coin spill (my first). Would I have found it with the tesoro? Yes.

The adjustable shaft has no tighten down collar, and my example does wobble just the slightest bit. I can hear it and feel it. It's nothing that I'm worried about in the long run, but I'm here writing about it, so....

I also like the fact that I can try different coils. The tesoro is hard wired.

At this point, would I buy it again? Yes, for the money I feel like it is going to be a good detector.

I read it had a fixed ground balance if so does that make it give off false signals? thanks

Bowwinkles sent me his Ace400 to review on Youtube. I found that it falsed in quite a few nasty spots in my local area. It also had trouble in my backyard testbed...which is about as bad as it gets and it almost unfair to detectors.

That being said...it did decent at other places and reached 6-7 inches without issue. Don't think I ever dug anything past that with it in the 3-4 weeks I tested/reviewed it.

I'd absolutely pick a F44 ($350) or Land Ranger Pro ($275) over it. Both have manual ground balance and the Land Ranger Pro blows it out of the water feature wise.

The Ace did have a "fun factor" I could never really place my finger on though. It will absolutely find the coins and I found myself enjoying every hour I used it. Was sad to send it back.

Never touched a TreasurePro so cannot comment or help there.

Back
Top Bottom