Bounty Hunter Tracker IV cant set for anything

ajpenn4181

I can't get this thing to find anything other than cans. I tested it in the house first with gold silver and steel and they all sound the same on the tone. Where do i put the knobs so they work.

I agree with digger, especially about reading the manual, but would suggest for starters, sensitivity up to at least 3 o'clock or higher, toggle to tone, and disc. set to about 12 o'clock. Nickels, gold, foil, small aluminum, and most soda tabs will be low tone. Dimes, quarters, and silver high tone as well as shallow pennies and buried aluminum cans. Broken signals will be deeper pennies, old style beer tabs, and mostly junk. As you learn your machine you'll want to start turning the discrimination down to start picking up more targets. If you keep at it eventually you'll have the disc. turned all the way down.

BentRod and Digger have it right - I started with a BH Tracker IV and found plenty of coins, ten rings (most of them silver) - and I still take it on the road with me when I travel. Have found lots of coins and several of the rings with it at hotel parking areas.

You'll get a few cans and pull tabs, but the Tracker IV will do the job once you know what it's telling you.

Keep us posted and HH -

TB

I also started off with the tracker found alot of coins especially nickels and a silver ring. I always turned sensitivity to around 1 o'clock and the disc. to the same.

OK. On some models, the disc. control had to be clicked to the "on" position to begin the tones. Others had just the "tone" position on the 3 way toggle. In either case, rotate the disc. knob until the nickel goes from a high-then mixed- and FINALLY a smooth low tone. You're set. Coins will give a high tone, tabs a broken tone*(except the sta-tab), and nickels a low tone. Also, what Digger said on the large targets=raise the coil and you'll be able to tell if it's a large target. Also, coin-sized targets give a fast, short, "dink" while the larger targets give a rather lengthy high tone.

OK. On some models, the disc. control had to be clicked to the "on" position to begin the tones. Others had just the "tone" position on the 3 way toggle. In either case, rotate the disc. knob until the nickel goes from a high-then mixed- and FINALLY a smooth low tone. You're set. Coins will give a high tone, tabs a broken tone*(except the sta-tab), and nickels a low tone. Also, what Digger said on the large targets=raise the coil and you'll be able to tell if it's a large target. Also, coin-sized targets give a fast, short, "dink" while the larger targets give a rather lengthy high tone.

Ditto on this advice! Took KT about 2 months on his own to come up with his own settings for easy coin finding. KT runs his on Tone on the toggle, and 1 oclock on the two knobs..disc and sens. Very usable and discernable differences in coin sounds vs junk at those settings.

Ditto on this advice! Took KT about 2 months on his own to come up with his own settings for easy coin finding. KT runs his on Tone on the toggle, and 1 oclock on the two knobs..disc and sens. Very usable and discernable differences in coin sounds vs junk at those settings.
Glad to see you back in there, kt.

Back
Top Bottom