What are you listening to...

sectshun8

Forum Supporter
Surely you don't all sit at the computer all day like I do and wait for new posts and listen to music all day. But in your day to day, and your personal playlists, what are you all currently listening to. Maybe with all the input we can each find a new band or musical interest to lend our ears to.

No particular order:

1) The Last American Cowboy by The Bled
2) Fury of The Storm by DragonForce
3) Dra Tilbake by Erik og Kriss
4) Handlebars by Flobots
5) Pitch Black Emotions by Lullacry
6) Walk With Me In Hell by Lamb of God
7) Pass This On by The Knife
8) Jeg Er Din Radio by KNA Connected
9) Bowl for Two by The Expendables
10)Dogfight by Evergreen Terrace

A few of these will be unknown to my fellow US folk, but some of you European people might know them.

Jimi Hendrix- the Ultimate Experience
Steve Earle- Transcendental Blues (Ft Worth Blues specifically)
Randy Newman Good Old Boys
My cd player holds 300 CDs, and I have it stocked with rock, blues, folk and country (old country), I usually play it on random, so I get quite the mixture.

Actually, Fort Worth Blues is on the El Corazon CD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vq4MgDwmIs

Nice lil 3 ya got there. And yeah, I once thought about getting one of those massive cd players to house all mine... but I've digitized about 1/3 of my 1000 or so CDs... I'm sitting on over 220GBs of music... roughly 58,000 tracks, haha. It's so hard to pick and choose, and I just leave it on shuffle and it plays nonstop.

showing your age there Ed!:p:D:lol: how's this for OLD.....45 record player in a car before tape or CD!!!

First I had 150 8-track tapes. Then I switched to 200 vinyl albums. (Still got em.) Then I bought about 400 CD's. (Replaced the vinyl's and found a few more titles I'd been looking for.) Then I went to work for one of the largest audio and video distributors in the world. (Got 20 or 30 more CD's and over 1400 VHS movies. (1360 are the same movie - got them for 1 cent a piece when the company decided to get rid of some excess inventory. I've used 1360 of them as blank tape.)) Quit that job in 98 and haven't bought a CD or movie since.

But I only really listen to Frank Zappa, Brand X, and the Mahavishnu Orchestra ... and the Dead Milkmen, Dire Straits, and Cream.

Akvarium
The Pogues
Dead Can Dance
The Smiths
The Cranberries
Talking Heads
UB40
U2
Sting
Five for Fighting

Don't feel bad about Styx... they are not my generation, but you better believe I crank them up and sing every word! From Big Daddy, "Styx is the greatest American rock band and the only reason the critics never say so is because they're all cynical assholes."

Just in case there are any fans of Blondie, they're playing this weekend at the Lincoln Park zoo in Chicago.

Not quite as bad as the time I saw The Jefferson Starship play at Hawthorne race track in 1977. After the last race, this circus wagon drawn by horses started making its' way down to the finish line. When the announcer told us who was inside, the place cleared-out. I was probably on the road before it hit the finish line and they started playing.

I like a mixture of music, everything from Waylon Jennings to Kiss, if its music its ok, well except acid rock, don't like that. Here's a few favorites.

Beach Boys
Madonna (older stuff)
Eagles
Johnny Cash
Disney Tunes
James Taylor
ABBA

Although I was born after WWII, I like the big band music - Glenn Miller, Tommy Dorsey, Sinatra, etc. Sinatra's stuff with the Dorsey band is one of my favorites.

Although I was born after WWII, I like the big band music - Glenn Miller, Tommy Dorsey, Sinatra, etc. Sinatra's stuff with the Dorsey band is one of my favorites.
I'm not a big band fan, but I do like Sinatra, and Bennet, but I can't stand Perry Como. When I die, I'll know where I wound-up if I hear Perry Como tunes.

Just in case there are any fans of Blondie, they're playing this weekend at the Lincoln Park zoo in Chicago.

Not quite as bad as the time I saw The Jefferson Starship play at Hawthorne race track in 1977. After the last race, this circus wagon drawn by horses started making its' way down to the finish line. When the announcer told us who was inside, the place cleared-out. I was probably on the road before it hit the finish line and they started playing.

Your mention of Jefferson "Starship" reminded me that my girlfriend (later to become my wife) and I went to our little civic auditorium here and saw Jefferson "Airplane" when we were still in high school. (O.K., how old am I??!!:D) Used to love to drive up to San Francisco to catch bands at The Fillmore or Winterland. Peace & Love!!:cool:

Your mention of Jefferson "Starship" reminded me that my girlfriend (later to become my wife) and I went to our little civic auditorium here and saw Jefferson "Airplane" when we were still in high school. (O.K., how old am I??!!:D) Used to love to drive up to San Francisco to catch bands at The Fillmore or Winterland. Peace & Love!!:cool:
Did you catch 3 Dog Night at the Filmore?

Back
Top Bottom