Back in Appleton, anyone like to get out?

CAA

Hi Everyone,

I'm going to be in the Appleton/Neenah area for a while if anyone would like to meet up. If not, are the parks detectorist friendly?
Seems like the weather will be nice.

Thanks and happy hunting.

Welcome back. We never got together the last time, and the snow will be flying soon, so not sure we will have too many more chances this year. We will have to see. How long are you going to be in the area?

Hi gameoftag,
Good to be back. I'll be here through the weekend into next week. Just like last time, I'm willing to travel.

Thanks.

oh. Thought you were going to be here for a couple weeks. This weekend is a bust for me. Maybe the weekend of December 1st if you are still here. Parks should be open to go to. I would just check the Appleton ordinances and if there is no rule, go for it. Schools should be good to try over the holiday weekend as well.

No problem, I'm going to be spending a lot more time in WI. I'll pm you next trip if that's okay. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Caa i am in appleton and hoping to get out Saturday if the weather holds out. I have a list of the area ks parks and will try to message it to you when i get home from the parade.

Caa i am in appleton and hoping to get out Saturday if the weather holds out. I have a list of the area ks parks and will try to message it to you when i get home from the parade.
Thank you, I am Shawn. Fingers crossed for good weather.

This is a list of some of the parks in appleton and the founding dates.... You can see they are all pretty old.

I have hunted at Jones park but the soil was so dry and hard you had to chip away at it. I have found wheat pennies and lots of old pull tabs, and an old tootsie toy at Hoover Park and it is where I have been hunting the most.

I am not sure about hunting City Park as I think people who live around the park would be more apt to complain about us being there.

· 1882 - City Park.
· 1902 - Bellaire/Peabody Park.
· 1909 - Jones Park.
· 1910 - Alicia Park.
· 1922 - Pierce Park.
· 1923 - Erb Park.
· 1925 - Arbutus Park.
· 1925 - Lutz Park.
· 1940 - Telulah Park.
· 1945 - Linwood Park.
· 1958 - Meade Park.
· 1959 - Hoover Park.
· 1959 - Northside Kiwanis Park.
· 1960 - Schaffer Park.

No problem, I'm going to be spending a lot more time in WI. I'll pm you next trip if that's okay. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Sounds great. PM me anytime. Sounds like the parks in Appleton will be great places to go. Hope you guys find some silver.

Good luck.

Wow. Thanks for taking the time for the list. I may try to get to one of them this afternoon if work allows.

Cris

Looking for a relic hunting buddies

Bought a top of the line White metal detector in about 1988. Never used it, got busy with life. Now, retired with wife and son deceased. Have the urge to use my White but never tried to learn much about it. I love old Wisconsin abandoned buildings, farms, etc. I believe I've discovered a good shooting site within easy commute of Appleton. Dates back to very early settlement, once a town, now gone. Ready to go in the spring. Gary

Bought a top of the line White metal detector in about 1988. Never used it, got busy with life. Now, retired with wife and son deceased. Have the urge to use my White but never tried to learn much about it. I love old Wisconsin abandoned buildings, farms, etc. I believe I've discovered a good shooting site within easy commute of Appleton. Dates back to very early settlement, once a town, now gone. Ready to go in the spring. Gary

sounds like ya found a great spot and welcome back to the hobby. I live down in the Milwaukee area not to far south of it and someday we should hook up.

Good luck my friend,
AFMIKE

Back
Top Bottom