They were all broken

teotwawki12

Elite Member
I've wanted to try a spot where I detected in the past (old school - now woods). That time I found a little embossed medicine on the surface that was melted and all bent up. Went back today and dug around; found nothing but broken pieces. But the broken pieces were old, so I kept at it. Nothing. Wondering if I may have been digging in some old bottle digger's tailings pile :D

But I did find a cool old stove damper which I'm gonna throw in the Evapo-Rust bucket....

Attachments

• KIMG1564.jpg
    KIMG1564.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 415
  • KIMG1566.jpg
    KIMG1566.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 358
  • KIMG1567.jpg
    KIMG1567.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 360
  • KIMG1570.jpg
    KIMG1570.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 373
  • KIMG1571.jpg
    KIMG1571.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 341
Well those pieces do look pre-WW1. I wish I had a dollar for all those broken-piece dumps I've found. Many of those were bored kids having fun ("Hey! Let's go and break some bottles--anyone gotta brick?") lol.

The damper is kinda neat though.

Well those pieces do look pre-WW1. I wish I had a dollar for all those broken-piece dumps I've found. Many of those were bored kids having fun ("Hey! Let's go and break some bottles--anyone gotta brick?") lol.

The damper is kinda neat though.

Yep...slingshot target range. Some places just have lots of broken bottles, and zero, or almost no whole ones. I wonder if the person who dumped them had personal issues, and took their frustrations out on the bottles. There's something therapeutic about busting glass bottles.

Better luck next time Teo...

Yep...slingshot target range. Some places just have lots of broken bottles, and zero, or almost no whole ones. I wonder if the person who dumped them had personal issues, and took their frustrations out on the bottles. There's something therapeutic about busting glass bottles.

Better luck next time Teo...

Yes also I've dug trash holes where it was obvious they broke the bottles in the hole so there was more space for more trash. All that empty airspace took up much-needed dump space.:mad:

Back
Top Bottom