My new detector 2 day PRIORITY mail

relichead

Banned
i cant believe it...and i payed $27+ 2 DAY PRIORITY delivery...
they are terrrible! USPS SUX..
From Howell ,MI
to brighton, MI
to springfield ,MA
to milford ,ct.
BACK to springfield!!

and im less than an hours drive from milford ct.!!!
mailed out friday!
will never do any shippin with em again!

Attachments

• uspa.jpg
    uspa.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 166
You mean to tell me a branch of the federal government didn't do something on time, accurately and for a reasonable price? Well now I am a little skeptical...:roll:

You do realize the seller didn't even give it to the PO till the 15th, right?

Also, priority mail has no guarantee on arrival date. 2 or 3 days is just an estimate and not guarenteed. The only guarenteed mail class is Express.

But yeah, that is odd that it came to your PO and went back to another. I sent one thing last Christmas from Texas to Texas and it ended up on a truck to Cali. Took 5 days for a 2 day delivery.

You do realize the seller didn't even give it to the PO till the 15th, right?

Also, priority mail has no guarantee on arrival date. 2 or 3 days is just an estimate and not guarenteed. The only guarenteed mail class is Express.

I didn't notice that, the USPS goes by the date they receive it.

and I just looked at that page, it does relate to express.

yeah, you're right, I just looked at that page again, it does relate to express.

FedEx and UPS are much better and accurate since their whole setup is geared around packages, but they cost a LOT more to ship after all the surcharges are added in.

I was selling kids toys on Ebay during Christmas and, on Dec 22nd, I sent out 9 Express costing around $400 to arrive before Christmas. They all arrived before Christmas, but 4 were late past the promised delivery times. Took 1 1/2 months to get full refunds on those 4 packages. Pathetic.

FedEx and UPS are much better and accurate since their whole setup is geared around packages, but the cost a LOT more too to ship after all the surcharges are added in.

That is why we love it when we can get a good price on an item to buy from Amazon because my wife has a free 6 month Prime membership from being a part time student and the Prime 2 day shipping is free and is available on a lot of items, not everything, but we have been able to find a seller that ships thru Amazon Prime on all the items we wanted to buy so far.

That is why we love it when we can get a good price on an item to buy from Amazon because my wife has a free 6 month Prime membership from being a part time student and the Prime 2 day shipping is free and is available on a lot of items, not everything, but we have been able to find a seller that ships thru Amazon Prime on all the items we wanted to buy so far.

The Amazon Prime is good, and USPS is contracted with them. There are a bunch of positives for using Prime, too many to name like 2 day delivery...but I will warn you of one downside to Amazon. Amazon REQUIRES USPS to leave the package at the door whether the buyer is home or not, at every delivery. The bad side of this means stolen packages can happen from anyone who comes to your door while you are not there.

Amazon does not want their customers having to go to the PO to get their package, and I can't blame them (you been to the PO lately? :laughing:). So Amazon requires 100% delivery, even if it's stolen - they don't care. I have many businesses that use Prime and receive packages on Saturday when they are closed. Well, they get left at the business door all weekend till someone gets there Monday. Amazons requirement gone bad.

Prime says "this customer ordered this and knows it's coming in 2 days, and they are going to get it in 2 days!" Saturday, Sunday, closed business, whatever! That's the only main downside to Prime.

FedEx and UPS are much better and accurate since their whole setup is geared around packages, but the cost a LOT more too to ship after all the surcharges are added in.

I was selling kids toys on Ebay during Christmas and on Dec 22nd I sent out 9 Express costing around $400 to arrive before Christmas. They all arrived before, but 4 were late past the promised delivery times. Took 1 1/2 months to get full refunds on those 4 packages. Pathetic.

Yeah, I have some old (but new, unopened) toys I occasionally get a sale for on ebay (stuff left over I had boxed up and stored from about 20 years ago when we used to make extra cash from buying misc lots of closeout toys and reselling them at flea markets back then) I offer the Economy Shipping (USPS Parcel Select Ground) as it seems most like the lower cost over speed, but since I ship within one business day so far all my customers are pleased and I get positive reviews about fast delivery, 100% positive review rating.

I know it might not happen for everyone, but so far all my shipping out thru Economy Shipping (USPS Parcel Select Ground) has arrived on time or even sooner than expected.

Yeah, I have some old (but new, unopened) toys I occasionally get a sale for on ebay (stuff left over I had boxed up and stored from about 20 years ago when we used to make extra cash from buying misc lots of closeout toys and reselling them at flea markets back then) I offer the Economy Shipping (USPS Parcel Select Ground) as it seems most like the lower cost over speed, but since I ship within one business day so far all my customers are pleased and I get positive reviews about fast delivery, 100% positive review rating.

I know it might not happen for everyone, but so far all my shipping out thru Economy Shipping (USPS Parcel Select Ground) has arrived on time or even sooner than expected.

I ship priority since Ebay cuts a discount on postage and it is a little faster. The key really is already having the item packaged ready to ship and then selling. The faster it gets into the mailstream, the better it is even when USPS makes a mistake. When an item sells, I print the shipping label, paste it on the package and it's out. 99% of my packages are shipped out within 12 hours, and delivered on time or before expected. So I can't complain and it's cheap too, plus $100 insurance on the package.

The Amazon Prime is good, and USPS is contracted with them. There are a bunch of positives for using Prime, too many to name like 2 day delivery..but I will warn you of one downside to Amazon. Amazon REQUIRES USPS to leave the package at the door whether the buyer is home or not, at every delivery. The bad side of this means stolen packages can happen from anyone who comes to your door while you are not there.

Amazon does not want their customers having to go to the PO to get their package, and I can't blame them (you been to the PO lately? :laughing:). So Amazon requires 100% delivery, even if it's stolen - they don't care. I have many businesses that use Prime and receive packages on Saturday when they are closed. Well, they get left at the business door all weekend till someone gets there Monday. Amazons requirement gone bad.

Prime says "this customer ordered this and knows it's coming in 2 days, and they are going to get it in 2 days!" Saturday, Sunday, closed business, whatever! That's the only main downside to Prime.

Fortunately deliveries we receive we don't have to be too concerned about as our home is only one of two on a dead end road and our front door is far enough from the road that it would not be that obvious. Don't have to worry about my neighbors and there is no "thru" traffic on that road so we are in a good location to receive deliveries.

I ship priority since Ebay cuts a discount on postage and it is a little faster. The key really is already having the item packaged ready to ship and then selling. The faster it gets into the mailstream, the better it is even when USPS makes a mistake. When an item sells, I print the shipping label, paste it on the package and it's out. 99% of my packages are shipped out within 12 hours, and delivered on time or before expected. So I can't complain. It's cheap too.

I originally did just Priority, and would still do it if a customer requested it, but so far the occasional customer I get is okay with Economy Shipping (USPS Parcel Select Ground).

I guess the biggest difference in cost on Priority is if someone is ordering from the west coast (I'm in SC) whereas someone much closer it would not make as much of a difference.

Sorry to tread on your thread, Relichead. Just thought the more info people know, the better. You can continue your rant, no offense to me. I work there and I rant about them everyday.

But keep in mind, Relic...the shipper did not hand off the package till the 15th and the handoff day does not count as an actual "shipping day". So if you do receive the package today, on the 18th, you got the service you paid for at least from USPS's part. Now the seller, that's a different story considering he took 3 days handling time before even giving it to USPS.

Had the seller given it to USPS on the 12th or even the 13th, you would have had it on the 15th or 16th already. Sunday doesn't actually count as a "shipping day" either, but the USPS doesn't stop - EVER. There are processing people working around the clock 24 hours a day, 365 days a year including all holidays. It's a massive machine and it does mess up sometimes, but it never stops which is one problem when an item does go to the wrong place. There is no "backtracking" so to speak to fix it right away. It works itself back in and back on target.

Sorry to tread on your thread, Relichead. Just thought the more info people know, the better. You can continue your rant, no offense to me. I work there and I rant about them everyday.

oops, sorry from me too, I started thinking for a minute this was MrNovice's thread :doah: of course we all seem to go off on a tangent on various threads sometimes :laughing:

i cant believe it...and i payed $27+ 2 DAY PRIORITY delivery...
they are terrrible! USPS SUX..
From Howell ,MI
to brighton, MI
to springfield ,MA
to milford ,ct.
BACK to springfield!!

and im less than an hours drive from milford ct.!!!
mailed out friday!
will never do any shippin with em again!

I also just noticed one more detail on your tracking, the seller didn't actually ship the item from the same zip code where the label was printed. You can see the label was printed from Howell and actually given to the PO in Brighton.

I know that doesn't seem important to most people, but having an inside perspective...I can tell you the item never went to Springfield and then back to Milford.

Mailing from a different zip code than the label was actually created, creates computer generated scans instead of actual "physical" scans in the system. I don't know why it does, other than our system "thinks" an employee missed scanning the item at a certain point along the process...so it automatically "creates" these false scans to cover itself.

Your item went straight from Brighton to Milford. The computer system filled in the first "fake" Springfield scan because that was the destination of the item. It also re-corrected itself automatically when the actual item arrived at Milford instead of Springfield (the final destination). Then, the actual package headed to Springfield. That's why it looks like it came and went back, but it actually didn't. I can't explain it and neither can my bosses, it's just something the computer does when the shipper decides to mail it from a different zip code than the label was printed at. Happens all the time.

That's why when the shipper prints the label, the system asks the shipper "what zip code are you shipping from". If they ship from a different zip code post office, then these false tracking listings appear throughout the shipping process. Just FYI.

Back
Top Bottom