Lawnmower Man

jjdigger

So I did my research.

Small Park in the middle of MO. Checked with the city and there were no laws or ordinances against metal detecting the parks. Showed up around 11 am and started hunting. First target was an Indian so I knew this was going to be a good park.

Out of the corner of my eye I see a guy on a riding lawnmower coming twards me. As he passes he yell out "You cant do that here" and drives off. I know better so I keep hunting away. about 20 minutes later I hear the lawnmower again. He drives by and yells "Get out of here or Im going to call the cops!", I smile and yell back "Go ahead and call them." He takes his lawnmower. Circles the block and comes back twards me just as I start to retrieve a target. Runs the lawnmower right up until hes about 3" from my shoulder. Then backs up and tries to run over my detector. I grabbed it quickly and moved it out of the way. Stand up and walk to my car. Thats when I called the cops.

Needless to say. Mr. Lawnmower man got a ticket for assault with a moving vehicle. "the lawnmower hit my leg as he was trying to run over my detector" and the small town deputy was a little upset he was called out on a Sunday for something so trivial. I'm so glad I checked with the city. Ended up with a handful of clad. Couple of Indians and one Silver.

:yes:

As the song goes...

Get Up Stand Up
by Bob Marley

Get up, stand up, stand up for your rights!
Get up, stand up, don't give up the fight!
:cool::D

that is a CRAZY story!!

I'm a proponent of "not grovelling". But I still don't like to have anyone who gripes. I'd probably avoid that park if I saw the guy mowing in the future. NOT that I think I'm doing anything wrong, but ...... sometimes out of site is out of mind :roll:

WTG JJ, glad everything went your way. You just never know about some people.

Guess trying to intimidate you didn't work out to well for him! Well played good sir! Hopefully he wont do something stupid to retaliate like dig holes and blame you. People are freaking nuts.

You may have gotten an Indian and a silver, but you also nabbed a heckuva story. Completely crazy, I often wonder about people and their motivations. I'm also very glad you followed through with charges. Glad it didn't get ugly.

Jeez. gotta watch out for the crazy lawn mower guys in my travels from now on. Glad you made it out in one piece.

I'm thinking I want to see pics of the lawnmower man....he sounds a bit off.

Here you go.

picture.php

Glad neither you, your gear or your ego got hurt there.

Some people shouldn't have access to power tools or power equipment.
Imagine if he was carrying?! :shock:

You did the right thing here.

Keep us posted if the story continues. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom