Buffalo on the fly

Snowy

Forum Supporter
I found this 1924 Buffalo Nickel when I was closing out at work. It came from a roll of nickels we got from the bank. Just goes to show, you never know what you're going to find when or where!

Attachments

• buffalonickel_770.jpg
    buffalonickel_770.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 167
lol .... well it wasn't my eyes that caught it the first time. Since I'm the manager I get to do what I want and I generally cash out at night. People make fun of me for actually counting the change and even worse for counting the pennies, but I do it by feeling each coin .... I shuffle them with my thumb across my middle and index fingers and I listen for the sound of the drop. It's how I find all the funky coins at work.

When I felt this one and heard it fall differently I looked at it. At first glance it looked like one of the newer buffs. I went back and checked it after I finished counting all the change. I glanced and still thought it was newer but noticed the wear so I inspected it closer. I pulled a clad nickel out of my pocket, put it in the drawer and put the buff in my pocket. I never really knew what it was until I got home and had my other half inspect it while I put my PJs on. lol... I didn't want to take the time to check it out at work but didn't want to pass it up because I KNEW it was different.

I used to put a buffalo in the coffee pot money at work. One guy on the night shift would always go through the coins and would freak out when he found one. :lol: He could not believe that anyone would not check his change befor putting it in the kitty. :yes: I would hear about it the next night.
pop

Yeah, the subject of my Buffalo nickel came up at work today when several people were in the store. One of my employees knows I detect and says loudly, "How much is it worth?!" ... my response..... "a nickel" and everyone laughed. It was fun though.

Hey babe...
How about postin' some other pics of your "cash register" finds (and I married you, so I know you have some! :lol:)...?

Back
Top Bottom