Township Park

Meerdragon

So I pull into a township Public park all excited to start swinging. And as always I checked the rules. To my dismay Metal detecting is prohibited and worse than that the fines ranges form a min. of $100.00 To a max of $1000.00
So naturally I left. Now I'm thinking this place has got to full of lost coins and stuff that nobody can get too..
I was watching a You tube vid a couple of weeks ago and some guy had a very powerful magnet and was pulling out all kinds of stuff from a swimming hole with it (it was tied to a rope) I wonder if I could drag a magnet around a posted park with out it being considered metal detecting. More Like metal attracting :?:
What do you guys think?

Well the problem then is coins won't stick to a magnet!! But I don't think that would be breaking any rules :laughing:

Most coins aren't magnetic, neither are the other relics commonly sought by detectorists.

Probably the best you could do there is "visual" detecting hoping to see surface coins or rings recently dropped, as that would not be "Metal detecting" with an actual detector.

.....maybe wear some binocular glasses :lookclose: :laughing:

I saw metal detector shoes...incognito 😎

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I saw metal detector shoes...incognito 😎

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Maybe it even doubles as a phone like Maxell Smart used ? :laughing:

UPDATE: I just did a search online and what do you know, they really do sell metal detecting shoes ! :shock:
(at first I thought maybe Tygirl might have just been joking, sorry Tygirl :tiphat: )

(I still would obey the rules and not risk up to a $1000 fine, as you would have to find a LOT of clad to make up for that ! :laughing:)

ANOTHER UPDATE: on closer review the catalog page that lists the metal detecting shoes (actually sandals) has a box that says "We regret that it is no longer available. We apologize for any inconvenience." so they were available, whether they are still on the market at all elsewhere I don't know.

... To my dismay Metal detecting is prohibited and worse than that the fines ranges form a min. of $100.00 To a max of $1000.00 ....

If you were to look at the "fine range" for not coming to a complete stop at a stop-sign, or tinted window violation, etc.... It would probably be something similar. ALL violations of whatever laws will always have some sort of min. and max.

I'm curious if anyone in that city has ever actually paid a penny or been fined for md'ing ?

I know a guy who was all over a park demolition project a few years ago. Scored all sorts of old silver from following behind the tractors each night. Then one day, he got a little brave, and did it on broad daylight on a weekend -day, rather than his usual ... uh ... discreet post-8pm hunting. He got spotted on the inside of the construction fence by a passing city worker. Long story short: He got a $100 ticket. In the end, I hate to say, he actually considered it well worth it, as he had coins that far exceeded that. So he happily paid and just chalked it up as a cost of detecting :)

FYI the parks in question are in Springgettsbury township in York Pa. I have had to deal with them for construction permits. They are known to be one of the hardest townships to deal with in our area. And I am not about to take any chances here. Even though I know most of the cops. Its all about the money for sure.

FYI the parks in question are in Springgettsbury township in York Pa. I have had to deal with them for construction permits. They are known to be one of the hardest townships to deal with in our area. And I am not about to take any chances here. Even though I know most of the cops. Its all about the money for sure.

It's a cost/benefit judgement call on your part. Take a chance, maybe get fined and talk to a judge who might just laugh and dismiss or hit you up as an example for the $1000 max. Kinda up to you, and normally I wouldn't say skirt any laws or regulations but it's not like your hurting anyone or anything in the process. Might cause authoriti to look bad upon other detectorists though too.

There are several videos on YouTube about magnet fishing. Going to try it myself around some fishing piers

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Funny! Just a few weeks ago I was at a Family reunion out of town....So of course I took my gear...I get up really early and head down to a big park. It was probably @5am...I just drove on in and started hunting like normal...

I am merrily doing my thing, sniping up clad and whatnot, enjoying the morning and pulling pay...about 6:30am, an old Cannie comes along looking in the trash cans for empties...He came over and told me theres No Detecting allowed here and that if the Ranger catches me he will give me royal hell! Said the guy is a real anal aperture! Said I might get a ticket even but for sure a good boot out of there and a cussin'!

I asked him 'So when does this badge wearing cloacal orifice typically show up?' He said 'In about 15 minutes!'

So me and the Cannie sauntered over to my car and I stowed my gear.. I gave him a smoke and that half bottle of whiskey I found a few weeks back that was still in the trunk....We talked about treasures and amazing finds, he had some good ones as did I, we were having a great conversation about getting up early and hunting for treasures....

Just then, right as rain, here comes that damned old Ranger pulling in and giving us the stinkeye!

I never even seen that sign when I pulled in, but I took a pic on the way out...funny thing, SOMEBODY is hunting that place...I found @$6, but not as much as there shoulda been and nothing on the surface......I just use a screwdriver anyhow, but there shoulda been a pile of clad in there...concession stands, totters, ball fields, etc...

I'm a hell of a fast claddie and I'm telling you SOMEBODY is hunting that place!

I bet its the damned old Ranger hunting that place himself!...I feel real good about hunting that posted park...As with most successes in Life, its all about TIMING!:laughing::laughing: I'll do it again too!...I can generally talk myself into or out of anything...I aint ascared of no damn Ranger! Especially one who sleeps in late!
Mud

Attachments

• no detectors.jpg
    no detectors.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 135
.......funny thing, SOMEBODY is hunting that place...I found @$6, but not as much as there shoulda been and nothing on the surface.........

Mud, if the singular person in an entire city's population, that "cares less", is so predictable as to have set-hours that he goes by there, then yes, it's possible that the park's been pounded before.

Funny! Just a few weeks ago I was at a Family reunion out of town....So of course I took my gear...I get up really early and head down to a big park. It was probably @5am...I just drove on in and started hunting like normal...

I am merrily doing my thing, sniping up clad and whatnot, enjoying the morning and pulling pay...about 6:30am, an old Cannie comes along looking in the trash cans for empties...He came over and told me theres No Detecting allowed here and that if the Ranger catches me he will give me royal hell! Said the guy is a real anal aperture! Said I might get a ticket even but for sure a good boot out of there and a cussin'!

I asked him 'So when does this badge wearing cloacal orifice typically show up?' He said 'In about 15 minutes!'

So me and the Cannie sauntered over to my car and I stowed my gear.. I gave him a smoke and that half bottle of whiskey I found a few weeks back that was still in the trunk....We talked about treasures and amazing finds, he had some good ones as did I, we were having a great conversation about getting up early and hunting for treasures....

Just then, right as rain, here comes that damned old Ranger pulling in and giving us the stinkeye!

I never even seen that sign when I pulled in, but I took a pic on the way out...funny thing, SOMEBODY is hunting that place...I found @$6, but not as much as there shoulda been and nothing on the surface......I just use a screwdriver anyhow, but there shoulda been a pile of clad in there...concession stands, totters, ball fields, etc...

I'm a hell of a fast claddie and I'm telling you SOMEBODY is hunting that place!

I bet its the damned old Ranger hunting that place himself!...I feel real good about hunting that posted park...As with most successes in Life, its all about TIMING!:laughing::laughing: I'll do it again too!...I can generally talk myself into or out of anything...I aint ascared of no damn Ranger! Especially one who sleeps in late!
Mud

Hey, wouldn't that be funny if you could catch the ranger on video detecting :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom