When they see us pull up to the hunt with our minelabs...

Pretty funny Nectar!

Yeah, when other detectorists see you guys they just pack up their gear and go home. ;)

HAHAHA haven't seen that yet, but the video made me laugh

I don't discriminate, I try to keep one of each kind around at all times :lol:

I love that intro . When they see me pull up they just start giggling and whispering to each other like little girls . But they aren't whispering at all because there wearing headphones 😐
Then i put the minelab back in the truck and get out the taco V :) That's when they usually start getting nervous .

Nice one Nectar.

A little story,,,happened about a year and a half ago.

Was at this site,,very active early to mid 1900s.

Met up with 2 gents that knew me.

We hunted a while,,I was using a Deus.

I then proceeded to my car and broke out a Minelab XS explorer.
It still had the stock coil on it,,,,,and some folks know,,,not the prettiest of detectors,,all white in color even the coil.

These 2 gents started laughing,,,said what was I going to find with that dinosaur of a detector.

Keep in mind,,I had only run this detector a few minutes in my yard,,got some settings off of a forum.
Did have etrac and CTX experience though.
Used the detector about 10 minutes,,got a good signal,,,and out jumps a deeeeep 1900 IH.

The find of the day between all 3 of us.

Moral of the story.

Better watch those Minelabs even the older models,,never ever laugh at someone using one,,,,you might get embarrassed.

:lol:
I love that intro . When they see me pull up they just start giggling and whispering to each other like little girls . But they aren't whispering at all because there wearing headphones 😐
Then i put the minelab back in the truck and get out the taco V :) That's when they usually start getting nervous .

Just thought I would give you guys a heads up on this. That IS NOT a goat, THAT is really NECTARDETECTOR !!. That's the real reason I don't hunt with him very often.

Most of the time its just a matter of being at the right place at the right time. Getting your coil over it. Of course knowing your detector helps a bit.

I found this dime at the city park about 4' away from a tree in bare ground where no grass would grow. It was less than 1" deep and this park has been hunted to death for years. It wasn't a secluded area and in fact a popular spot that had seen every detector imaginable. Yes, I did find it with my Deus, but It could have been a $50 detector. I just happened to be the one to get my coil over it.

11_9_2015_1877_dime.jpg

Most of the time its just a matter of being at the right place at the right time. Getting your coil over it. Of course knowing your detector helps a bit.

I found this dime at the city park about 4' away from a tree in bare ground where no grass would grow. It was less than 1" deep and this park has been hunted to death for years. It wasn't a secluded area and in fact a popular spot that had seen every detector imaginable. Yes, I did find it with my Deus, but It could have been a $50 detector. I just happened to be the one to get my coil over it.

11_9_2015_1877_dime.jpg

Nice coin.

I think coil size,,being what it is,,gives operators a feeling of security,,,meaning they think they have covered an area thoroughly.(illusion)

Hot spot on coil,,,lot smaller than some may think.

Back
Top Bottom