At pro 8.5x11 coil

Offshore2

Just got the 5x8 and its awesome pulled a penny at 8 in (measured) and signal was still coming in strong so the question is when do you guys ever use the stock coil, if any

Just got the 5x8 and its awesome pulled a penny at 8 in (measured) and signal was still coming in strong so the question is when do you guys ever use the stock coil, if any

Should come with the 5x8". Reason it doesn't is because they know you'll have to buy one. I bought it with both coils and don't know if i'll ever use the big coil?:lol:

I use the larger coil in the woods and fields . but to do this I had to get one of the THings called the Gizmo and installed it on the upper rod sure helped balance the machine so that I could swing the detector longer Cause Trust me at 6ft 2 inches and not much bigger around than the Detector pole is.:laughing: I need all the help I can get cause that freaking coil is heavy I just recently bought a 6 x9 concentric coil to try as well

I use the larger coil in non-trashy areas where I want to cover a little more area.

I always use the big coil unless trash concentration leads me to the smaller one.

I also picked up the NEL 15' Attack coil for deep sand and big beaches.

A lot of the old lake beaches I hit have heavy trash for the first 10 feet or so of shore line, then scattered targets after that.

I survey the spot, clean up the shallows with the 5x8 then switch coils.

Match the tools you have to the job you are facing, the only treasure hunters you have to be better than are all of them. :grin:

I use the stock coil more than my 5x8 but then I use it for tot lots. Some of our tot lots have fill as deep at 10" and the 5x8 just won't hit that bottom gold like the 8.5x11 will.

Hey there. I will use my 8.5x11 for relic hunting, in the woods where there is little to no trash and the beach if I ever get there. I use the 5X8 most of the time and the Sniper coil quite a bit too. GL and HH. Matt

I use the 8.5x11 in open fields where I need to cover a lot of ground. There is one very old baseball field where I use it because the silver is deep and the smaller coil just can't seem to see it. To me it seems to go about an inch or two deeper than the 5x8.

Back
Top Bottom