• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

New Garrett ATX Pulse Induction

Attachments

• Second place.jpg
    Second place.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 1,837
I would be afraid to take this to the beach here though, the olive drab/military looks like some kind of should launched missle. I see the law and homeland security being called upon spreading it open. Does not help that commercial jets fly right over the beach all the time too.

I love how it folds up, that is cool as heck and it looks rugged.

I'm relieved I don't need one. When I heard Garret was coming out with a new machine I was worried I would need one. Or two. You know how it is.

No saltwater or gold nuggets in mineralized soil around here.

I agree, this looks more like an answer for the gpx than the CTX. The quick Iron discriminator feature looks pretty cool. If it is well balanced and deep, it could be a real beast.

One thing is for sure, my Infinium (or my F3) definitely couldn't hit a nugget the size of the one in the video... I have a feeling it's going to be a big seller in the nugget shooting side of the hobby. I have a nugget maybe a little bigger than that one, it weighs .18 grams, and my only machines that could hit it is the V3i in 22khz mode, and the Tejon.

Last edited:
20" coil...your goner need to workout to be able to hit and then dig 20" for a nugget the size of a grain of rice..hell id give up on gold if I spent a day doing that for $100 worth of gold...:laughing:

So... it's a discriminating pi good for 10 feet in the water?
The fact that it comes with a strap makes me think it's not too light...
Nice and cheap at least...:lol::lol::lol:

Not sure why they can't come out with a round coil, that's 1 warning sign. The design looks bad, doesn't look like you can take the control box off. Coil selection will be key.

Not sure why they can't come out with a round coil, that's 1 warning sign. The design looks bad, doesn't look like you can take the control box off. Coil selection will be key.

You ought to actually watch the video, there is a 8 inch round monocoil. :laughing:

garrett.jpg

Well let me start this by saying I am a huge fan of Garrett, I own an Infinium,Seahunter,At pro and an Ace250. Yes a lot of detectors as I also own a Minelab CTX. Some of these I bought new, some I found for a steal on Craigslist(thank you A.D.D. Lazy people who buy things and thing everything should come easy to them like the participation trophy they got for soccer did).
Garrett is second to none in customer service too.
Anyway, I really don't see the huge improvement here. It looks like they simply made a couple tweaks to their military Recon Pro and slapped a new sticker on the control housing. I was hoping or something that could offer some of the features of Minelabs GPX series such as different timings and an Iron reject. I did see the iron audio and they may be nice, but I just so not see the huge improvement over the Infinium here except for maybe aesthetics, being able to turn the coil 90 degrees for searching and collapsing it down easily for crawling around and storage are the only real improvements over the Infinium.
I'm not sure if this is a single tone for a target as the recon pro is which is better than the Infinium but no better than what they have had on the recon for years, and years are like decades when it come to tech advances.
So I'm not trying to bash this new machine without seeing some field tests and real world user reviews. It may be a very capable detector, but I just do not see it competing with the GPX.

You ought to actually watch the video, there is a 8 inch round monocoil. :laughing:

You ought to watch the video again, the 8 inch is not standard, it's "optional". :laughing::laughing::laughing: Hardly a good selection of round coils, there's only one. What you get as standard does not look promising at all.

For the price they are asking, you can get a second hand GP 3000 with a good standard coil, and a treasure hunting detector or two to cover all your needs. Not to mention all the coil selections under the sun.

As for underwater use, something like that, forget it!

Anyone heard the term, "Jack of all trades, master of none"...?

Everyone is probably waiting for a video or two on how well the iron audio (discrimination) works. I will wait to comment until I see more. I ripped the CTX and ended up owning one for a while. A truly great detector. I do know one thing. This detector is coming in at a higher price than most expected. I would have to sell the arsenal to get one. And I like my arsenal.

Back
Top Bottom