• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Indiana Dunes State Park.....September 3rd

DirtyRob

Forum Supporter
It's that time of year again. The Dunes State Park opens up the beach(only) to hunting! Stop by the Ranger's office for your FREE permit. The cost to get in the park is.....? Last year some days were free while others it was a few bucks(can't remember).

I'll be getting in line Tuesday morning after work. It's always amazing to see so many detectionist in those first few days.

I look forward to seeing some forum members out there.

Send me a PM.

I'll be going out there Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday next week.

Wish I could make it. Are you going to hunt the dry sand or in the water? Take some pics and update the thread please!

Wish I could make it. Are you going to hunt the dry sand or in the water? Take some pics and update the thread please!

2 years ago they(Park Rangers) told everyone to stay out of the water because no lifeguards were on duty.

Last year I saw water hunters each time I went out.

I may do a little of both. CTX and ATPro will be used. But I think tomorrow it will be wet/dry sand with the CTX. I expect 100 hunters.

I may swing the camera more than the CTX. Going to be some interesting characters out there....besides me!

Got skunked!!!!

Hit 6 quarters, 3 dimes, 5 nickels, and 14 pennies. Pull tabs and bottle caps.

The CTX found coins right behind people!!:D Too bad it wasn't gold!

28 coins for $2.19. (cost me $5 to get in!:roll:)

Hey you made back half what it cost you to get in so it wasn't a total loss ;)

There was a low turn-out, too. My guess there was 50 guys and gals swinging this morning. I didn't talk to anyone who found anything cool. And they said the same about not talking to anyone who found any bling.

One guy was tickled to death for just finding a wheat!

So this is an annual thing and the beach is only open so many days each year? Is MDing banned at all Indiana State Parks/Lands?

So this is an annual thing and the beach is only open so many days each year? Is MDing banned at all Indiana State Parks/Lands?

It's open from the Tuesday after Labor Day to the Thursday before Memorial Day. I guess that's the non-tourist season.

Some of the other State parks allow beach detecting only.

Isn't that the park where the boy almost died in a sink hole? I think it is. Just wondering, you said there would be 100 people detecting. Why would you even bother? Something special about that place? I know Jacksonville Beach Florida is 50 blocks long and 100 guys would be too many there. Man, talk about competition.:laughing:.

Isn't that the park where the boy almost died in a sink hole? I think it is. Just wondering, you said there would be 100 people detecting. Why would you even bother? Something special about that place? I know Jacksonville Beach Florida is 50 blocks long and 100 guys would be too many there. Man, talk about competition.:laughing:.

Nope...that was part of the National Dunes Lakeshore Park about 2 or 3 miles east of the State Park. No hunting on Federal property.....anytime!!!:no:

It's only special because it gets 1,000's of visitors and NO metal detecting is allowed from May to September.

I guess it's almost like a unofficial group hunt come September.

I just received a email say no detecting anywhere on the dunes. Last year you could detect from labor day to memorial day? This year i guess its not like that.

nubejaqu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I just received a email say no detecting anywhere on the dunes. Last year you could detect from labor day to memorial day? This year i guess its not like that.

nubejaqu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

YES....NO DETECTING THE NATIONAL PARK.

THE STATE PARK IS OPEN.....big difference. Already hunted it....did you read the post????

If you need directions just PM me.:D

Back
Top Bottom