Equinox 800

Nick93023

Forum Supporter
Hey guys. I am pretty new to detecting. I have only been at it for a year or so. I started with a At Pro and I now have an Euinox 800. I am trying to figure out the best setting for my detector. Coming from an At Pro I have never used a threshold detector-I guess this is known as silent hunting. I do like silent hunting" but I would rather be listening to the hmmm if it means finding more targets.

Can I use the threshold setting on one of the preset beach settings on the Equinox 800 or should I be an a completely different mode while using and learning the threshold?

Nick

I would stick to one of the beach presets as they seem good until you've learned your machine and then you can tweak things.

I set my own. I come from the old Whites & Garrets where the threshold was the key to deep targets. Took me awhile to get used to silent search. Now with the 800 once I have the settings I want just press the center gear button until the display cursor at the bottom is on threshold. I run mine at around 7-8 and then press the second button on the displays right (save Personal Settings). Love it!

Back
Top Bottom