Merlin Wields Magic & Strikes 1st Glint of Gold and VERY 1st WATER BUFF!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I have been itching to get out for my 2nd hunt with my modded Excal - “Merlin”, more to learn the sounds and operation so that I can start to trust it than anything else. I wasn’t too happy the 1st time out last week with the way the threshold tone bounces constantly around. Yesterday, low tide was just before 3pm so I got permission from the boss to head out early. I had all my gear in the car and was in the water hunting at 1:45pm. I found the threshold changing less annoying but I would still bring my coil to the scoop to reset it to the nice little hum that I enjoy rather than the abrasive ones that get set over bad targets. So far that’s my only criticism of using Merlin. I LOVE the straight shaft and how it balances perfectly well with the Excalibur. I have also gotten used to having my arm strapped in the cuff. Something I’d never done. I don’t know if it’s the straight shaft or the way the handlebar grip gets gripped by my hand but I believe it to be easier on my trigger finger problem on my middle and ring fingers on my right hand (I actually have it on both hands). The other awesome aspect is the fit and comfort of the modded headphones and their removal of ambient noise. I have noticed they also do a better job with the comfort of the sunglasses that I wear. I hunted for 4 hours with mixed offshore and inshore. Pendant find I was pretty sure would be silver but I was pleasantly surprised at the yellow “Y”. After some rubbing with wet sand I notice a marking in the back so I was pretty sure that pendant would be a silver/gold combo. At home, I gave it a better cleaning and the 925 became clear on the back and I also saw an “18K” on the top. Today, I went through my finds and noticed something unusual showing through one of the nickels. Can it be? OMG it’s my 1st Buff ever for a water hunt!!! :woohoo: (I have found another 2 years ago but those were in the dirt). I gotta say that rare SouthFla Buff put yesterday’s hunt over the top for me. :neat:

Attachments

• 2-10-17.jpg
    2-10-17.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 441
  • 2-10-17 Pemdant (1).jpg
    2-10-17 Pemdant (1).jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 438
  • 2-10-17 Pemdant (2).jpg
    2-10-17 Pemdant (2).jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 441
  • 2-10-17 Buffalo (1).jpg
    2-10-17 Buffalo (1).jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 441
  • 2-10-17 Buffalo (2).jpg
    2-10-17 Buffalo (2).jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 433
Nice finds Felix! Congrats on your first gold with the excal! Can't believe you found a buffalo down here... I have yet to find anything older than 1965.

A Bufff! OMG.... Glad to see you enjoyed the Excal and there is a future with it!!

Love that Buff being in the salt so long has givin it lots of character. When i hunt with my Xcall i will use my scoop to reset the threshold all hunt long.After long you wont even realize your doing it.I have a feeling we are gonna see you post sumthin very sweet soon enough.GL HH

Congrats on the silver and buff Felix... glad to see you come over to the dark side ;) I just wish you would stop posting those worthless Felix pennies :lol:

Water buffaloes are quite common on some the beaches I've been to. Beached whales etc.

Back
Top Bottom