Our band gets recognition after 20 years

Cherry Picker

Forum Supporter
Some of you may have seen me talk about being a musician and having been in a few bands over the years, well one of the bands is finally getting recognition after 20 some years.

The band was called Switch and played in the 80's around Kansas, Oklahoma, Colorado and Nebraska. We played rock. Our song list was made right off of MTV's top list. Motley Crue, Bon Jovi, White Snake etc. We also had quite a few originals that we recorded 6 to an EP(Extended Play) on Cassette, 45's and CD. Nothing ever happened so things faded away around 1989.

Last year Retrospect Records(largest producer of 80's remake recordings) found our EP and contacted us interested in re-mastering and releasing it worldwide. Of course we were excited. Finally after 20 years we sign with a record label. Well we also just got contacted by Dodge City's local promoters that are putting on a concert July 30th with Head East, Pop Evil and Halestorm and asked if we could play a few songs. I told them it was too short of notice, but we will be brought on stage for recognition.

I'm very excited.

Last edited:
wow congrats! Hope everything goes well. Please take pics and keep us updated! Good Luck!

Congrats! It sounds like it is going to be a good time. As was said before, keep us posted.

Doug

Detector, are you solely involved in music today? I mean is it your "job"?

You must be thrilled for having been discovered.

OT

Dude, we're getting the band back together! :lol: Awesome news must have been quite a shock! I assume you'll be able to collect some royalties!

Yea that was when MTV actually played good music before RAP & Top 40 took over.

Those were some of my bands. Iron Maiden is still my favorite band!

Keep On Rockin \m/ \m/

I play drums myself....terribly....just blow of some steam...relaxing. What's the saying...if you make money doing what you love.....then you love what you are doing. Odds are 1 in a 1000 bands make it...awesome good luck guys.......let's see some muse.....

That's cool...........Congrats!!!.....I used to be a drummer in a band back in the late 80's early 90's. We did a lot of Van Halen, and your type of music. We never amounted to much but it was a lot of fun.

Have a good time... you earned it...
Love the old Pics, hope you kept those axes.

Looks like you had it going and were on track.
To bad it took 20 yrs, better later than never...

Goes to Show, Your Never to Old to Rock-n-Roll.

Excellent (Mr Burns finger roll).
Just wondering what you mastered on back then, half track quarter track.
Portable cassette maybe:lol:
Congrats on being discovered. This is the music industries treasure hunt.

Detector,

Congratulations on this long everdue recognition, from one musician to another.

Wow Way To Go Detector.

The only coverage we got was when a disk-jockey recorded
us in a bar without our knowing it.

You can imagine our surprise when people started telling us
about hearing our original songs being played on the radio!!??

Thanks fer sharin,

Back
Top Bottom