Been a while since i've posted....

TonyAZ

Elite Member
It's been hot, humid, some storms, some days I don't feel good,, some days I have to work---well thats all the excuses I've got here's my post... Didn't have to work today so out I went----- de-tectin. Went to a place I've been several times before, but this was the first time here---- with my Safari. Went slow and there were targets everywhere even some good ones-only covered about 1/20th of this place and here is what I found in a little over 3 hrs. Woulda stayed longer---- but it was hot, humid, I saw some clouds, I got dirt in my eye, actually,----- I got tired,---- and had already found some cool stuff, so why not save some for another day? I duga total of 86 targets today found 2 wheats- 1910 &1929 found the indian 1903 layin on top of the ground-we get heavy rains here when it rains I think the rain dug this one up for me. Ifound the top piece of a purse or coin purse no coins near it though! Found what looks like a piece of indian pottery- a small makeup container- a metal tag with (peterson#40) stamped on it-and what looks like a very old button-it has a double headed eagle on it -holding a sword--on the backside it says--Chas. Rubens co. Chicago. I searched a while on the computer--- no luck--- anybody have any info on this button? I found it in needles calif. THANKS FOR LOOKIN AND HAPPY HUNTIN OUT THERE!! TONY az:cool:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 249
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 247
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 242
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 239
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 326
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    176.2 KB · Views: 250
Well - this Eagle looks very Russian to me.
It is the Coat of Arms of Russian Empire (before 1917).
You still can find the same double headed bird on modern Russian coins - only without the crown, the globe -"derzhava" in Russian and Scepter.
Why it was done in Chicago and for what purposes - I have no idea, may be someone just love Russian design and simply copy it to create attractive button.
I also read something about Masons using the same Eagle - but I'm not sure.
I'm attaching the picture - it looks a bit different, but there were - literary - thousand of variations.

Attachments

• DoubleHeadedEagle.jpg
    DoubleHeadedEagle.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 199
Button

Yes, I agree looks pretty much the same to me-maybe we made buttons for russia? any body else found one of these out there??

Back
Top Bottom