Just how many ARMY..........

my respect to all you guys that fought for your country and especially those of you that fought in Vietnam.

I was born in 1968 and being South African we were not exposed to what was happening outside our country but I find the whole Vietnam issue very interesting. I was called up to our National Service in about 1986/87 did did my 2 year stint but did not see action but ran the stores that fed the troops.

I've never been in the military but it's fascinating to hear of your experiences.
No matter which country we live in, we are all in your debt.

And at this time of the year, should remember those not lucky enough to
make it home.

IKE,yes i attended the Grenada live fire.we actually air landed because of the zsu-24 antyair craft fire over the dz,had to pull the chutes off in the plane as we were landing.good times had by all.THANKS TO ALL THE VETS WHO SERVED.

Last edited by a moderator:
IKE,yes i attended the Grenada live fire.we actually air landed because of the zsu-24 antyair craft fire over the dz,had to pull the chutes off in the plane as we were landing.good times had by all.THANKS TO ALL THE VETS WHO SERVED.

I remember the morning after we dropped the seals and special ops in the water to swim in and secure the worst areas, we did an early morning drop. The jump master had everyone take off their reserve chutes since they wouldn't have time to deploy them because they were jumping at 600 ft instead of the 900-1000 due to the the heavy fire. After that, we landed with everyone since the runway was fairly secure even though the aaa was still pretty heavy from up in the hills. Of course, I had a nice beach side room on Barbados at the Coconut Court Motel for when I wasn't flying ;)

Active Duty Apr 65 thru Feb 70. Units: 2/8 Cav 1ST Cav Div; 2/6 Inf, Berlin Brigade; 3/8 Inf 4th Inf Div; MAT 52, MACV; USA Inf School Instructor.

Hope all had a great Veterans Day!!

Back
Top Bottom