He's taking all the Cash!!

Utah_T-Hunter

Elite Member
Two boys probably around 4-5 years of age seen me Metal Detecting the other day in a Park. The younger one said to the other one... He's taking all the cash! Then the other boy looked at me then looked at the younger boy and said I know! But what am I supposed to do about it?! :confused:

Cute and funny at the same time. Change I suppose is cash to someone of that age. :lol:

Also the same Evening had two brothers of a young age.... Watching me and I thought I was Metal Detecting because I need money and poor. I said to them I have a job good lord you two. :lol: I only do this for fun and for a hobby.

I do wonder what makes people think only poor people do this? I suppose a poor person is going to be out there with a machine that cost a grand or two? :crazy:

Funny story! Of course they have no idea how much a detector costs!

One time I was detecting and 2 young girls were watching me. They went home across the street and came back to give me a nickel. I took it & thanked them, not wanting to spoil their good will thoughts. Steve in so az

One time I was detecting and 2 young girls were watching me. They went home across the street and came back to give me a nickel. I took it & thanked them, not wanting to spoil their good will thoughts. Steve in so az

It is very nice gestures when kids have a great heart to think they are helping. I have come across narrow minded Adults though that think only "bums" Metal Detect.

Very cute story ;)

I had a women recently ask me what I was looking for and I responded with... I'm looking for your husbands rolex he lost and she shot back if you find it... lets split the money... I burst out laughing :D

Craig, that Rolex story reminds me of another ...
I used to work with a guy who had a gold Rolex... I was always trying to get him to sell it (mostly just joking), and he would say "never". Well, one day he came in and said that while he was away on business, his place was broken into and only the Rolex was gone. I said "Your wife sold it." He said no, she would not do that. A year or so later, after they split, he found out that indeed, that is what happened. I told him "You should have sold it to me, that way I would have it, you would have the cash, and you could visit the watch whenever you wanted to." :lol: RickO

I had one guy come up to me the one time I hit a tot lot last year and told me that I might want to check under the bleachers. The bleachers were bolted into a concrete slab. He later came back by (on the running track going around the tot lot and baseball field) and told me if I really needed change that bad, that I might want to go to Wal-Mart and check their parking lot as he finds coins there every now and then.

I just smiled and told him "Thank you".

Doug

:whistle:
I had one guy come up to me the one time I hit a tot lot last year and told me that I might want to check under the bleachers. The bleachers were bolted into a concrete slab. He later came back by (on the running track going around the tot lot and baseball field) and told me if I really needed change that bad, that I might want to go to Wal-Mart and check their parking lot as he finds coins there every now and then.

I just smiled and told him "Thank you".

Doug

Back
Top Bottom