• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

OMG is it REAL!? UPDATED!

She will tell the story to her friends and relatives about a metal detectorists that went above and beyond to return her high school ring. That gives you, us and the hobby some positive (+) recognition. Good job teach!!
(+) karma's on the way;)

Yeah , great follow up alright. Except for the fact that the author did not give HIS answer yet.

Don't know what you are hinting at KOB, but the smile was enough!

Smiles and returns are great , no doubt. But in my case and probably others as well , I've been burned way too many times to make up for the smiles. Had a gal make me dinner once for a return. Best "return" ever ! Maybe he got some cash or something else in addition to the smile ?

...Maybe he got some cash or something else in addition to the smile ?

Maybe so. But consider that their may be some modesty or privacy concerns going on here.

If, for example, the lady were to log on here, and see that whatever-tip she gave was reported on a public forum, she may be a little taken back. Thinking that perhaps that was private between her and the MD'r helper.

Maybe so. But consider that their may be some modesty or privacy concerns going on here.

If, for example, the lady were to log on here, and see that whatever-tip she gave was reported on a public forum, she may be a little taken back. Thinking that perhaps that was private between her and the MD'r helper.

Thanks for the comment Tom... and for those asking.. I never detect and tell.

I know this is an old post, but wanted to comment.
I "lost" my class ring many years ago... many, many, many years ago.
same local high school.
I long to have it back, but, alas, I'm sure its gone for good.

You're a good person to return that ring!!!

The Ring's owner returned from her trip to the mainland and we got together so I could give her back her class ring. If she had been wearing lipstick she would have gotten it on both hears, her smile was that big. Pics Below of the return.

For a guy who just retired last week I'm not getting in a lot of detecting due to home renovations and having to stick close to the house for this and that.

I did get out today for just over an hour and hit a beach close to the house to maximum my time. This beach is trashy, has a really nasty shore break and the waves were 5 ft and pounding the sand. The Equinox was doing a great job seperating out the trash mostly so stuck to the damp/dry and hunted the towel line. First 10 min into the hunt I pulled a ring. Its small, yellow, and heavy. Whooo Hoooo!. No time to slow down I only got a little time and a lot of beach to scan. Just about time to head back home I get a strong strong signal, insert scoop and OMG look at the size of that yellow snake in my scoop. It must be too good to be true and.... sadly it is. Its a Chinese knock-off of a gold necklace but what a thrill even if it was short lived.

The ring is 10K (had to acid test it to find out), and heavy for a ladies ring at 8.2 grams. Its a class ring from a local high school and has the girl's full named engraved inside. A junior high school girl (soon to be a senior) will be getting her ring back soon enough. I know some of you scurvy dogs will moan but I have a soft spot for the lasses.

HH y'all and GL out there!

Back
Top Bottom