Mega Clad Weekend

diggin4clad

Elite Member
The weekend weather was ideal for detecting and we took advantage of that with me hunting on Saturday for two hours before work and then Sue and I hunting on both Sunday and Monday for two and a half hours each day. Clad coins were plentiful and kept us busy the whole time.:detector: Total clad for the three hunts was 179 coins worth $25.14. Coins are shown before and after cleaning.

Attachments

• IMG_0485.JPG
    IMG_0485.JPG
    154.8 KB · Views: 438
  • IMG_0486.JPG
    IMG_0486.JPG
    190.2 KB · Views: 413
  • IMG_0489.JPG
    IMG_0489.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 447
  • IMG_0495.JPG
    IMG_0495.JPG
    192 KB · Views: 428
How about we start calling you "The Clad Conquering Couple " ? You two are masters
at harvesting great amounts of clad ! Congrats on all the coinage and a great job with the pictures !

Congrats to you and Sue on another mega clad take. I was able to get $ 8.89 in clad and another $30.00 in paper money from my sports stadiums. Love that paper, sure beats digging all that clad. It looks like your soil is kinder on clads than mine. I get some very orange colored quarters sometimes.
GL & HH.

All that beautiful clad brings tears to my eyes! Excellent! :heartylaugh:

Awesome! $25 bucks in clad is equivalent to finding a Morgan Dollar AND a Barber Half!

How about we start calling you "The Clad Conquering Couple " ? You two are masters
at harvesting great amounts of clad ! Congrats on all the coinage and a great job with the pictures !
Thank you, SoilSurgeon. We've definitely had some good outings when it comes to clad.

Impressive clad totals, very nice!
Thank You...…..

Congrats to you and Sue on another mega clad take. I was able to get $ 8.89 in clad and another $30.00 in paper money from my sports stadiums. Love that paper, sure beats digging all that clad. It looks like your soil is kinder on clads than mine. I get some very orange colored quarters sometimes.
GL & HH.
Thanks bubbaron…….my paper finds haven't been much, usually a $1...best was a Fiver. The soil here usually turns deep clad a bright orange and sometimes bright red. The coins from our Monday hunt weren't too badly stained because the soil at the hunt sight was very sandy.

All that beautiful clad brings tears to my eyes! Excellent! :heartylaugh:

Awesome! $25 bucks in clad is equivalent to finding a Morgan Dollar AND a Barber Half!
Thanks Mud...….I'm glad we were able to make a grown man cry. :tissue: My share of the clad will definitely buy some precious metal at year's end.

Wow.. how much clad do you 2 get on a good year ?

Wow.. how much clad do you 2 get on a good year ?
Sue became involved in the hobby in the middle of 2011 and we've hunted together since then and we keep records of our finds.
Our combined totals are: 2011-$602 2012-$676 2013-$744 2014-$952
2015-$1,088 (our best year) 2016-$448 2017-$454 2018-$269 (our worst year)…...a lot of rainy days in the spring, the hottest summer in years and an early freeze all contributed to fewer hunts. So far this year we're around $325 with about 8 weeks to go before the ground freezes. Totals are going down because a lot of our sites are drying up and also because we do shorter hunts than in the past and don't hunt very much in the summer heat.

Those are some great totals. What amazes me is that you do this in the dirt. The few parks I've done , the soil is rather hard. Also I'm using a small hand digger , hands and knees are tough. You guys probably use a 3 or 4 foot small shovel for faster retrieval.

Very impressive Ed, very impressive indeed. You and Sue are really putting the hurt on the clad. Really looking forward to your end of the year report. Trapper

Those are some great totals. What amazes me is that you do this in the dirt. The few parks I've done , the soil is rather hard. Also I'm using a small hand digger , hands and knees are tough. You guys probably use a 3 or 4 foot small shovel for faster retrieval.
All our finds are from the dirt but we don't use shovels. Our digging tools are White's Digmasters……….7 inches long from tip to hilt and we're on our hands and knees for every hit.

Very impressive Ed, very impressive indeed. You and Sue are really putting the hurt on the clad. Really looking forward to your end of the year report. Trapper
Thanks Trapper...…..I just wish I was detecting back in 1960 or so with a modern detector. That way ALL those clad finds would be silver! :yes:

Really awesome clad retrieval! Did some homework and found an out of the way totlots just the other day. Went there on a cold blustery morning and started first swing on a Lincoln. But as I worked my way thru I noticed few signals. And then I noticed small heaps of chips....I was NOT the first guy there! Well, I'll be there MUCH earlier in the year next year...like day after labor day! As the fox says, with a shrug, "some days chickens, some days feathers." LOL. GOOD JOB GUYS!

Wow, it sounds like a back ache!

Nice work there -New England clad killer!

Back
Top Bottom