Up to 86 silver from my hot spot (5 walking liberty halves)

Thebigd81

I received permission to do a spot that has seen thousands and thousands of people on it the last 100+ years... I've covered maybe 5% of it the first day in maybe 2 hours 9 silver (7 dimes 2 walking halves) second day there an hour and found 5 silver (3 dimes and a walking half with a quarter literally on top of it(... Can't wait to get back there tomorrow! Here are some pics of day one minus 1 dime... Didn't get any pics of yesterday

Edit: added pic of today's hunt 23 silver, a button, a lighter, and a camera

Edit edit: added pic of another hunt 14 silver, 10 wheaties, and a silver pin

Attachments

• IMG_20191001_130049-600x800.jpg
    IMG_20191001_130049-600x800.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 877
  • IMG_20191004_162549-600x800.jpg
    IMG_20191004_162549-600x800.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 721
  • IMG_20191008_164158-600x800.jpg
    IMG_20191008_164158-600x800.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_20191009_160536-600x800.jpg
    IMG_20191009_160536-600x800.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_20191015_153830-600x800.jpg
    IMG_20191015_153830-600x800.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
Definitely will tomorrow I plan on hammering it and hopefully silver chirps even more than usual after a day of steady rain! My goal is to pull out 20 silver tomorrow

Wow, what kind of site is that ? Eg.: old picnic site ? campground ? Coin-store ? etc...

And what source of info. said it's never been md'd before ? The reason I ask is : I have sometimes heard this said to me by persons granting me permission to hit various sites before. Ie.: "No one's ever md'd this before". Yet I know for a fact they've been hit, by people I know from the past in my area. But sometimes the current personnel , or current family member or owner, etc... simply doesn't know.

But in any case, it's hard to argue with success ! If that's only 5% of the site, I hammer the heck out of the rest of it :)

Super great permission ! Cannot wait to see your continued posts on this location!

I must say!...This is a most unusual post because it’s not normally how someone newer to the forum introduces themselves! Usually it’s,”Hi, my name is Lester and I’m using the Ace250. I just found a couple of zinc pennies today and can’t wait to see what’s next!”
A site such as been suggested, if indeed it has in fact been frequented by thousands of people, HAS to be a public venue with a specifically recurring event(fairground type place). The finding of halves in any quantity would also point to this assumption as being correct. It’s also possible that not many, if any, other hunters have hunted it or know if it’s whereabouts, as the halves would’ve been found due to their extraordinary size...
Whatever the case...you have a “ game on!” situation on your hands! It’s VERY rare for such a place to exist anymore. Make the most of it and keep us posted on the details...:yes:

Went back today and pulled out 23 silver, a lighter, a button, and a camera along with the usual junk and probably 10$ in clad... Pic added to original post

That’s what I’m taking about!! All day hunt I’m assuming? What a spot!!

5 hour hunt... Going to take a couple days off my old fat behind is starting to drag haha vacation continues for about 2 more weeks so want to hit it at least a few more times before back to work

23 silvers in one hunt, that's the first I've ever seen! Nice work! I would definitely be out there everyday all day, bring lunch, dinner too if need be :laughing: good luck on the return trips!

5 hour hunt... Going to take a couple days off my old fat behind is starting to drag haha vacation continues for about 2 more weeks so want to hit it at least a few more times before back to work

That’s a rockin’ place! And...a vacation to remember! I can’t wait to see what else comes up...it gives us hope that places like that are still around.

I received permission to do a spot that has seen thousands and thousands of people on it the last 100+ years... I've covered maybe 5% of it the first day in maybe 2 hours 9 silver (7 dimes 2 walking halves) second day there an hour and found 5 silver (3 dimes and a walking half with a quarter literally on top of it(... Can't wait to get back there tomorrow! Here are some pics of day one minus 1 dime... Didn't get any pics of yesterday

Edit: added pic of today's hunt 23 silver, a button, a lighter, and a camera

How many wheat pennies have you dug so far?

I have skipped all the nickel/penny signals because there is so much to cover... Plan is go back over it after getting the dime/quarter/silver signals cleared out... I have dug a few wheaties but it is littered with wheat signals just skipped over most of them

I've dug maybe 15$ in clad

Any film in the canera ( open in a dark place just in case lol?!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom