Help! Broken Headphones for CTX 3030 while in MEXICO Cancun/Isla Mujeres

NickedOnEdge

Well I’m down here for a 10 day trip and my Grey Ghost headphones for my ctx 3030 just went out. Attempting to salvage a trip... does anyone know of a dealer or somewhere around isla Mujeres/Cancun Mexico that might be able to help? by selling ANY waterproof headphones for the ctx 3030???

Thanks,
NickedOnEdge

The machine without head phones , don't submerge , don't panic , you will still do good.

It’s not that I’m panicking. However in a very good line/area about chest deep. A dozen earrings and a handful of rings in the first couple days. Nothing great as far as gold but several nice silvers. Would like to get back out there before the trip ends.

NickedOnEdge

I would say

By the end of the trip , realize you never go on a trip to a place we're you can't get supplies without Back Up Equipment , lession, lession learned , make the best out of your trip , shake it off, get over it , Earl

Hi,
No dealers over your way, i am about 3 hours from you. There is really only one big dealer in mexico, masterdetector and i am not sure if they could do next day fedex for you or not, but it is possible...
https://www.masterdetector.com.mx/

They only sell the yellow koss ones for the ctx,
https://www.masterdetector.com.mx/A...es/Audifonos-Sumergibles-Minelab-para-CTX3030

That's about 175 bucks...

Unfortunately, they were the first place I called and no products (waterproof headphones) in stock.

Literally carry an extra of everything, scoop shafts, detector shafts, extra seals, coils. Unfortunately somehow an extra headset slipped my mind on this trip.

Your best choice is to probably run it without the headphones like Earl said. Might seem weird at first if you're so used to using headphones, but you'll get used to it quickly.

I had 2 sets of GGs go bad both were broken wires one at the detector the other at the headset, turn detector on and bend twist, push the wire to try and find the break, then cut the wire and twist back together. you could use nail polish to seal it for short term to make it through the week.
Good Luck

Dry sand seems to be the only way I’ll be able to go unless there’s someone local on here that would happen to have a spare set For the 3030 I could purchase. As the fastest sshipping from the US at best would be 4 business days to clear customs.

Try to fix the headphones. Do you have a multimeter? You need to check the solder connections from the plug to each ear piezo. You might just have a short to ground somewhere, or a single open that breaks the audio path. They don’t work so no harm checking them out. Try opening up the earcup that the cable enters first.

Chances are it's right at the bend point where the headphone wire goes into the plug. GGs have a horrible tension reliever at the top of the plug. I had to send mine in once for the fix and then fixed it myself when it went bad again.

if you can’t fix it yourself .... any electronic engineer can help you (for example, in places where mobile phones and other equipment are being repaired) I think this is a matter of 5 minutes of soldering (work) and 30-60 minutes until the sealant dries .

Back
Top Bottom