Western & Eastern Treasures Magazine Out Of Print

Refunds? REFUNDS ?? surely you jest !:laughing: This could be a classic example of "Your check's in the mail".

For those Star Trek fans, according to the Frengi, Remember the First Rule of Aquisition: Once you have their money never give it back.

Seems this and other magazines took lessons from the Frengi.

Dodged a bullet

Came so close to shelling out $30+on a subscription. Got free issues with new detectors, then they sent the subscription offer. Really feel sorry for the guys that paid for two years to save couple dollars. Magazine had to know business was about over.

Some here have mentioned the old "Treasure", "Treasure Search" and "Treasure Found" magazines. As I recall, "Treasure Search" mag and "Treasure Found" mag were eventually combined to the awkwardly titled "Treasure Search-Found" magazine.

I liked those a lot too, and was a writer for those publications for quiet a while. I remember noticing I hadn't received my check for my last article and eventually called the magazine's number. A lawyer answered the phone saying the company was out of business...maybe bankrupt...it's been a long time, and I never got my money. I was in frequent contact with several of the folks who owned and/or operated the company and none said a word indicating the company was closing. I didn't think that was good business!

All that said, it was one of the best magazines of the genre, I thought.

Some here have mentioned the old "Treasure", "Treasure Search" and "Treasure Found" magazines. As I recall, "Treasure Search" mag and "Treasure Found" mag were eventually combined to the awkwardly titled "Treasure Search-Found" magazine.

I liked those a lot too, and was a writer for those publications for quiet a while. I remember noticing I hadn't received my check for my last article and eventually called the magazine's number. A lawyer answered the phone saying the company was out of business...maybe bankrupt...it's been a long time, and I never got my money. I was in frequent contact with several of the folks who owned and/or operated the company and none said a word indicating the company was closing. I didn't think that was good business!

Never saw that one in print , lost money on both the mentioned ones above.

Really enjoyed lost Treasure magazine and later Western & Eastern Treasures Magazine they were a lot of help when I first started out detecting . Always looked forward to the next copy in the mail , took them to work to read on break and lunch espically in the winter when a lunch time hunt wasn't possible. After I found this forum they got a lot less important , at least I didn't have a lot of issues left to go. Never bothered to try the on line version of Western & Eastern Treasure magazine more than once or twice didn't like it. Just checked looks like Western & Eastern Treasures Magazine digital version is still up and running even offered a 1/2 price but still not interested in a digital version.

Last edited:
I agree, there's just something nice about not having to be "connected" all the time and holding paper and ink in your hands.

I've still got a fair collection of treasure-related magazines and am glad I kept them. In fact, I wish I could find more! You're right, being able to search for information online plus check out forums such as this one makes buying magazines and books a little less important, but folks like you and me will hang on to magazines and books until the end, I guess.

Last edited:

you are right! when i started detecting around '77 i bought every "treasure found" i could get, and for years and years i subscribed.in my view,"found" was the best damn treasure rag out there, and when they croaked i went to w&e but, again 'found" was the best.nothing in it but "finds, finds,and finds.just loved that format! wish they would start it up again!..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

western and eastwen treasure magazine

you are right! when i started detecting around '77 i bought every "treasure found" i could get, and for years and years i subscribed.in my view,"found" was the best damn treasure rag out there, and when they croaked i went to w&e but, again 'found" was the best.nothing in it but "finds, finds,and finds.just loved that format! wish they would start it up again!..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I think the digital format version is still running but for how long who knows .I just don't like the digital version my self.

That's a very sad story......same thing sort of happened to me. I lost many back issues of "Treasure", "Treasure Search", and W&ET magazine from the 1980's and some old books on metal detecting, not to mention a box full of oddball finds when I moved back in 1990. I think my ex-wife may have "accidentally" or even on purpose threw them all away.

I also had about a hundred books on metal detecting. Our club started a library and I found that I had more books than they did.

I also had about a hundred books on metal detecting. Our club started a library and I found that I had more books than they did.

Not surprising. Our local libraries purge their shelves regularly and sell the books at their Friends Book Sales .50 for softcover and $1 for hardcover, regardless of size. I now own many of the books I used to check out.:yes:

I think the digital format version is still running but for how long who knows .I just don't like the digital version my self.[/QUOTE

w&e sent me a form letter telling me about the digital format.i sent them a n e-mail stating i didn't want the digital subscription.just wanted a "refund" of the months i had left on my sub.they eventually sent me a return e-mail stating they would refund the rest of my mags. they did this but i had to send another e-mail reminding them.i cannot read a mag on the internet, it bothers me too!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

As a millennial I love the digital magazines of today but I understand why many don't. There is something nice about having a physical copy in your hands and the screen can be tough on your eyes. But digital is very convenient and it doesn't bother me personally. I'm sure the journalism will be as good as always.

The March 2019 issue of Western & Eastern Treasures Magazine will be its last printed issue and from that point on the magazine will only be available in digital format. I'm wondering if this will be the first step toward disappearing like other MD'ing magazines like Lost Treasure, Treasure, Treasure Search etc.etc.
You called it . hate to see them go!

Back
Top Bottom