Greetings From Northwest Ohio

Hordfest

Hello from Northwest Ohio! My name is Brandon and I'm brand new to the hobby of metal detecting/treasure hunting. I am a 30 year old local historian and banker (figure that one out) who has considered dabbling in the hobby on and off for many years. However, I have finally decided I am unable to resist any longer so here I am.

After conducting some research I decided to pre-order the Simplex+ and can't wait for it to ship! Until it gets here I have been watching many YouTube videos and reading a lot of posts on the forums here trying to learn the basics. Can't wait to get out into the field though. :D

Welcome to the Forum and this Wonderful Obsession Hordfest! NW Ohio has some really old dirt!...Black Swamp!...I lived there in the 70s just west of Toledo over by Delta...Plus, you can jump off into MI or Indiana or Illinois or whereever you want! Theres nothing to be found in Michigan though...:laughing:

That's awesome man! I went to college at BGSU!

:welcome2: from the Great Black Swamp in NW Ohio! My wife is actually a professor a BGSU - it’s what brought us to NW Ohio in 2006.

Hopefully your wait for the Simplex is a fairly short one. I’m very curious to see how it performs in the field - it certainly appears to be an excellent value for the price!

:welcome2: from the Great Black Swamp in NW Ohio! My wife is actually a professor a BGSU - it’s what brought us to NW Ohio in 2006.

Hopefully your wait for the Simplex is a fairly short one. I’m very curious to see how it performs in the field - it certainly appears to be an excellent value for the price!

Thank you! Not a History professor or political science professor is she? (That's what I studied)

Back
Top Bottom