What and how do u carry?

I attached the case for my Propointer to my shaft with a couple zip ties. I like it there. Easy to access and I know right away if I left it at last hole as I can see when I start swinging again. Lesche I just keep in my rear pocket. I don't carry a pouch. I just hunt private land that is very remote. I make a pile of trash and larger stuff I pick up when I leave. Coins and curiosities I pocket because I take them out to look at them several times before day is over to remind me why I am doing this. ;)

I've carried a 5 gallon bucket in my off hand before. It's great for big trash. You can throw diggers and pinpointers in there too. You could get one of those bucket organizers to hold your tools and treasures, put the trash in the inside of the bucket, and you could even put a top on it and use it as a seat!

I've only used the bucket a couple times. I usually just have the Garrett treasure pouch belt with the pro-pointer attached to it, with my digger sheath attached to the pouch belt, or sometimes I just carry the digger in my left hand and don't use the sheath at all. I'm generally pretty light. I find that it's easy to fill a treasure pouch with trash in a short time though.

Detector in one hand, shovel/scoop in they other(when I use one) and everything else on the belt or in the nail apron. I wear BDU pants and put good finds in a pocket. Trash goes to the apron until I get to a trash can.

Yeah, that totally bugs me, too, which is why I got this style back when I was welding a lot. The thin rubber straps are far better than a full back.

Home_Pro_Rubber_knee_pads_tiling_tool_carpet_tool_floor_tool_.jpg

My problem with knee pads are the straps that go around the back , after a short while, the back of my legs itch and hurt from the straps. Mine are of the stretchy Velcro type. Do these eliminate that feeling? I just saw these at Ace this evening.

i think anything that straps around the back of the legs is bound to be a tad uncomfy, but the ones shown above do pretty well for me, especially when wearing jeans. :)

sunray finds pouch works! its soft leather and works better than anything ive tried since 1978... I have my pinpointer attatched and digger and makes it easy..

Attachments

• forum 001.jpg
    forum 001.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 754
  • forum 003 (500x375).jpg
    forum 003 (500x375).jpg
    105 KB · Views: 725
Boy, I really misread that title. I had to go through all these pages to see what you were talking about. I carry my 380 Colt Govt. Pocketlite in my right front pants pocket. :laughing:

I've carried a 5 gallon bucket in my off hand before. It's great for big trash. You can throw diggers and pinpointers in there too. You could get one of those bucket organizers to hold your tools and treasures, put the trash in the inside of the bucket, and you could even put a top on it and use it as a seat!

I've only used the bucket a couple times. I usually just have the Garrett treasure pouch belt with the pro-pointer attached to it, with my digger sheath attached to the pouch belt, or sometimes I just carry the digger in my left hand and don't use the sheath at all. I'm generally pretty light. I find that it's easy to fill a treasure pouch with trash in a short time though.

Ya beat me to it. When I was out hunting a lot the first time I got my detector, I always took a 3 gallon bucket (like the 5 but shorter), it just seemed easier. Then I got one of those pocket organizers that goes around it and used that WITH the bucket top seat. That way I would hit a target, sit down, and commence to digging. My knees like that MUCH better.:yes:

What detector do you use? I used to carry my GPP in its sheath strapped to the side of my AT Pro, it was very convenient (pics below). I haven't found a good way to attach it to my new detector yet. I also carry the Lesche and Mini 18" Sampson. I do not like sheaths because of the dirt that always seems to be on them so I carry my Lesche in a carpenters hammer holster. You can draw it out and return it very quickly without looking. I am going to start a new thread showing the way I carry my Sampson as soon as I can take pictures. I use a tool thats designed to carry tools such as nail guns or screw guns. It's kind of hard to describe without photos but I find that it works quite well.
2012-04-20_18-02-26_359.jpg

2012-04-20_18-01-37_820.jpg

Be careful with this, I lost a PP when I was still swinging an AT Pro about a year and a half ago from this mounting. It is convenient and easy, and gives the detector some balance, but they can be dropped and not noticed if pasture/field hunting and never to be seen again.

Milspec LP2

Best.jpg

After MUCH prodding form our Customers, here it is.. The LP2
I know, I know.... thats not a Lesch in the Scabbard, but that knife is 3X's as heavy... I used it to Stress test the unit..
It comes with a Grommet for tying off your pointer if you so desire, its great for water hunters. The entire unit is lined with sheet HDPE to add rigidity to the pointer and scabbard.

Last edited:
I've been using a Rothco canvas map case. Slung around my shoulder and hanging at my side it's very easy to access. 12x8.5x4.5" and only $18.39 shipped. Plenty of room for my Predator Raptor (or the smaller E85), Garrett ProPointer, gloves, and two pieces of poly tarp (one for my knees and one to stack dirt on), and a rag to clean the digger and PP when necessary. Swag, if more than a few pieces of clad usually end up in the same compartment as the digger.

Image4_zps34e6aa1e.jpg
Image5_zpse775dc1f.jpg

View attachment 212792

After MUCH prodding form our Customers, here it is.. The LP2
I know, I know.... thats not a Lesch in the Scabbard, but that knife is 3X's as heavy... I used it to Stress test the unit..
It comes with a Grommet for tying off your pointer if you so desire, its great for water hunters. The entire unit is lined with sheet HDPE to add rigidity to the pointer and scabbard.

Where can I get one!!!!
This is perfect for my needs.

I have an old military web style pistol belt with an ammo dump pouch fastened to the rear. My lesche is on the left and the pointer is on the right. I have a clip fastened that will hold a cloth when I need it. I can grab the detector and my belt and go, everything I need. I also wear Duluth ultimate firehose pants with the kneepads installed and I have some extras in those pockets (big pockets) depending on where I am detecting. Of course I seldom hunt in parks or even in view of the public so fashion is of no matter. :lol:

Think outside the box.... :D

I used to use a heavy leather bag with 2 pockets I picked up at Lowe's. Lesche in the sheath that it came with and the same with the GPP.

Last year we picked up some of these to use as prizes for a seeded hunt and I purchased one for myself.

02361401852.jpg

f_4257t_1.jpg

f_4257t_2.jpg

This is a Browning Trapper Creek Half Vest. The quick clip around belt is built into it and can adjust for a large guy. Both of the sides on the front have TWO nice, deep pockets each. The pockets have snaps to extend to larger sizes. The back is mesh and has openings with elastic at an angle at the top of both sides. The bottom of the mesh has a zip for ease of emptying it. It was designed for going hunting / target shooting with shotguns. This half vest even has built-in side D rings.

Is it super heavy, rugged material? No. But it's handy and LIGHTWEIGHT. I don't miss that heavy leather bag trying to drag my pants down. Besides, now I have a bit of cover in the back if they slip. lol No mooning people while digging! :D It's nice having the belt built in. A few members throw a bottle of water into the part hanging at back. If you had trash that wasn't SHARP, you could dump it back there easily by feel and then just unzip to dump it after the hunt. Jagged edges would be bad on the mesh. If you or the Mrs. were handy with a sewing machine, you could mod one of these quite a few ways to suit your needs (extra little pocket / loop for the propointer inside a pocket, etc).

They retailed for $40 but we got them from an overstock site for around $17 and change ea. I'm not saying this is a solution for you, necessarily, but I can't tell you how much I enjoy using this lightweight solution over that heavy bag when out swinging the machine. Think outside the normal solutions everyone uses...

I'd eliminate the kneeling pad with a good pair of knee pads.

I kind of like this. My butt crack won't show! The wife says it's scarier than when I take out my Lesche! :)

Boy, I really misread that title. I had to go through all these pages to see what you were talking about. I carry my 380 Colt Govt. Pocketlite in my right front pants pocket. :laughing:

Same here brother. I love my little Colt 380. Fits anywhere, nice and light and dependable.

Back
Top Bottom