Old drive in update with pics 2nd trip

yooper69

Elite Member
IMG_20191018_173741235.jpg

IMG_20191018_173754560.jpg

IMG_20191018_173800952.jpg

IMG_20191019_181746.jpg

IMG_20191019_181753.jpg

Had to erase stuff to fit more in anyone know how to edit correctly please fill me in thanks. Only had a couple hours to play today so i went back to the rows i covered the back slope on and hit the front slope of 1 & 1/2 rows before i had to leave . Started out hitting a bunch of quarters and after 20 or so finally a 27-28 rosie pops out !inch deep as all of the coins are at that depth. kept going down that row and ended up with 1 more rosie so i jumped over to the next row and the nox went nuts numbers all over the place from low 20s to 40 but i could hear that sweet silver tone mixed in . Again 1-2 inches out pops another rosie re scanned the hole checking why the numbers were all over the place and nothing stuck the carrot in the hole nothing so i dont know why it was originally all over the board . I knew my time was about done so i said 4 more speaker poles then its time to go . Got to the second pole and BOOM 30-34 and i thought finally a silver quarter after all these dimes but nope 45 walker which makes my 7 th silver half for the year. Again thanks for looking and good luck out there . Will post more after my back feels better.

Last edited:
None close by me here, but where I grew up back in Baltimore there was one that closed down and was used as an outdoor flea market area, the only thing is that I remember it was all paved so it would be surface finds only. (that was long before I got into detecting though)

If the one you mention is grass I would think it should have good potential since it dates back to 1947, I could imagine people dropping change on the way to or back from the concession stand.

Definitely worth a try, shouldn't take long to tell if it has potential !

Just wondering if anyone has ever had any sucess at old movie drive ins? Thinking about trying one that was built in 1947 and still open. Thanks Mike

yooper,

We have one here that has about the same date range that we are going to hit this winter some. It's been closed down for a few years now. My feelings on are people where bound to have dropped all kinds of things at these places.

yooper,

We have one here that has about the same date range that we are going to hit this winter some. It's been closed down for a few years now. My feelings on are people where bound to have dropped all kinds of things at these places.

This one is still open but just closed for the season. Hopefully there are some goodies there. Going to take the 6inch & the 11 inch coil hoping there won't be to much trash.

None close by me here, but where I grew up back in Baltimore there was one that closed down and was used as an outdoor flea market area, the only thing is that I remember it was all paved so it would be surface finds only. (that was long before I got into detecting though)

If the one you mention is grass I would think it should have good potential since it dates back to 1947, I could imagine people dropping change on the way to or back from the concession stand.

Definitely worth a try, shouldn't take long to tell if it has potential !

How are you liking your new machine ?

Just wondering if anyone has ever had any sucess at old movie drive ins? Thinking about trying one that was built in 1947 and still open. Thanks Mike

Absolutely my UP friend . I've had the oportunity to hunt a couple Drive in's in the past 20 to 30 yrs - There is always a play area somewhere where the kids would gather either before or during a show and dont forget concession stand money etc. etc. . Im not going to say I've gotten rich at these place's but there are coins and rings etc... to find there . I have been lucky enough to find silver and an old silver ring or two at these site's and being that we now have Equinox technology ( recovery speed abilities ) they can be productive as a park with just as much trash .
Hope this helps

Absolutely my UP friend . I've had the oportunity to hunt a couple Drive in's in the past 20 to 30 yrs - There is always a play area somewhere where the kids would gather either before or during a show and dont forget concession stand money etc. etc. . Im not going to say I've gotten rich at these place's but there are coins and rings etc... to find there . I have been lucky enough to find silver and an old silver ring or two at these site's and being that we now have Equinox technology ( recovery speed abilities ) they can be productive as a park with just as much trash .
Hope this helps

Thanks for the info . Just waiting for the rain to slow down a bit .

How are you liking your new machine ?

I definitely like it !!!!!

Yes, it does have a "learning curve" as others have mentioned on the forum, but I'm even enjoying the learning process, I figure if I could learn advanced electronics when I was in the Navy then I should be able to figure this out too :lol:

Even just using the preset basic modes (Park 1, Park 2, ect) it works great, and I can look forward to even better results later when I am ready to try some specialized settings.

All the drive in theaters in my area closed many years ago. I've never even thought about trying to detect them because every one of them was paved.

All the drive in theaters in my area closed many years ago. I've never even thought about trying to detect them because every one of them was paved.

This one has alot of grass areas and some playground stuff for the little ones so i gotta think there should be at least a few coins . Silver i hope.

I have had some great success. Generally there's a playground or play area right below and in front of the screen. That's where you want to start.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom