Ticks that carry Lyme disease are spreading fast

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
VERY important alert Gauntlet, thanks for sharing that to caution others !

I can tell you from personal experience that Lyme is NOT fun.

Besides making you feel REALLY bad, it saps your energy to where you don't even want to get out of bed.

I had it years ago, spotted a tick on my left side under the arm, went to the doctors to be tested very soon after.

Fortunately the doctor caught mine early and immediately started 2 weeks of antibiotics, but it still took months before I felt pretty much normal again, part of that recuperation was recuperating from the side effects of the antibiotic itself, as the antibiotic destroyed the good bacteria in my digestive system and I needed to take a powerful prescription probiotic (VSL3) for a couple months to help restore my digestive system back to normal.

Thank you for sharing this. Definitely something to watch out for.

If I may also add to your warning, I was personally surprised to discover that mosquitoes can also be carriers of Lyme Disease (the same way mosquitoes spread other diseases like Malaria). My family found this out the hard way when my sister contracted Lyme from a misquito bite, and was seriously debilitated. (We thank the Lord she's doing a lot better now.) One thing we learned about Lyme is that it never fully leaves you, as antibiotics can only wipe out what's in the bloodstream. Often the symptoms return years later and are misdiagnosed as something else, such as MS or Lupus.

I like to use a bug-spray called Herbal Armor for repelling insects such as ticks and mosquitoes. From my experience, it really works! Also, the Center for Disease Control recognizes that Eucalyptus Citridora (a.k.a. Lemon Eucalyptus) is as effective as DEET. I hope this information is helpful.

Permethrin treat your clothes and never think about this again.

can't get that stuff here in Canada, unfortunately.

but the ticks are becoming a real problem here as well, this year being really bad for them. not even 2 weeks ago i had to pull over to the side of the highway just to have a very quick look under my work truck.
when i say "quick", i mean it.... 10 seconds, no more! got back in the truck, went to put it into drive and saw something in my right arm when i was shifting. sure enough... a TICK! that bloody fast i had one on me! :mad::mad:

Pete

can't get that stuff here in Canada, unfortunately.

Pete

It's only banned for people, not livestock.
I buy mine at the feed store, not because it's banned, but because it's cheaper.

I mix it at the recommended rate for sheep. I figure if it's safe for wool it will be fine on my bluejeans.

I've been wondering for a long time about Ticks/mosquitoes being vectors for other blood borne disease transmissions like HepC, Aids, etc...it stands to reason that they could, based upon what we know about Malaria, Dengue, Lyme, Zika, etc...so why not Aids or Hep?...Never hear anything about it though...

Never heard a logical confirmation or scientific debate about the topic, which is troubling........I guess it would drive people absolutely insane if mosquitoes were known vectors for these other blood borne pathogens...Probably 'cause a guy would never leave the house and the World would come to a full stop....Forum Input? Can Mosquitoes transmit AIDS or not?

Mud puppy, No, mosquitoes can not transmit HIV. If they could it would result in a huge percentage of the population being infected.

"Only saliva is injected into humans when a mosquito bites and thus HIV positive blood that a mosquito may have previously ingested is never transmitted to other humans. Unlike mosquito borne diseases, HIV is unable to replicate within the mosquito's gut and therefore is broken down."

Mud puppy, No, mosquitoes can not transmit HIV. If they could it would result in a huge percentage of the population being infected.

"Only saliva is injected into humans when a mosquito bites and thus HIV positive blood that a mosquito may have previously ingested is never transmitted to other humans. Unlike mosquito borne diseases, HIV is unable to replicate within the mosquito's gut and therefore is broken down."

Interesting.

Man, you'd think the bolded part would play a major factor in a cure?

Yep, I also managed to pick up this disease last year.... no noticed tick or bullseye that comes with the tick bite...but I was told they can bite and fall off without a notice at all. Felt like I was hit by a truck...I don't frequent doctors, but this was serious...caught in time, and the antibiotics after 30 days did the trick....but....sure makes you aware and keeps the stop light on yellow.

primetime

Now it's the plants....

If blisters bother you.....don't look.... :lol:

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2018/...p-burns-in-warning-about-dangerous-plant.html

When the chemicals from a wild parsnip plant are absorbed into skin, it can make that person more sensitive to ultraviolet light from the sun. The chemicals – more formally known as furocoumarins – “bind with nuclear DNA and cell membranes,” which “destroys cells and skin tissue, though the reaction takes time to produce visible damage,” according to the magazine.

1531929227236.jpg

Back
Top Bottom