Got an interesting detector on the way...

I saw one on a tour of a helicoptor carrier

picture.php

Nope the repair kit is a separate purchase, and costs $1,200...

It has a built in charger, so if you put in rechargeable C cell batteries you can plug the machine into wall socket or car cigarette lighter to charge them without removing the batteries.

Can't believe I can't find a field test or review of the CMD anywhere... the CEIA MIL-D1 didn't perform very well in super hot ground in the tests, but it was using a round 11" DD, I'm thinking the CMD with it's 13.75"x5.5" DD coil should handle hot ground better... hopefully anyway cause my ground is hotttt.

Crumble hear is all evaluation and for CMD too, But looks like for older :?:model.
http://www.gichd.org/fileadmin/pdf/LIMA/Interim_Final_Moz160108_web_optimized.pdf

Yeah the MIL-D1 was the model before the CMD. CMD is pretty much a compact MIL-D1.

I have admittedly only used it like 4 times... and only lasted about 2 hours each time before my arm was done... so haven't gotten a good sense of what it can do yet. I have a swingy thingy on the way, which will allow me to use it... hopefully I'll have a better assessment of it soon.

Last edited:
Well, I never really thought I would end up with one of these but as luck would have it... I did and at a great price.... FREE! These vallon units are now available to law enforcement from the military. They are required to keep them 1 year then they can be disposed of...I have an old friend over the program. They had 30 of them new in the box that they had over the year, but never used! I was given one and asked to develop a short train program for them. They just want them to find crime scene projectiles.

The one I got is the Vallon VMC 1. I almost said no when he first called because most of that surplus is junk and I have an XP Deus, but I remembered this post and said sure. Oddly enough it was this machine. I just got it this afternoon and was late for a speech but I took a few quick pics. I will get some gopro video up soon. It reminds me of the Garrett ATX.

uju8e3y9.jpg

y8a6eva7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was trying to buy one of those for the longest... it's the only one that beats the Minelab F3 in lighter mineralization. If they have any other ones they want to sell for a good price, let me know. :D

PS. Would be much better off with AT Pros for finding spend shell casings, a PI will drive you nuts in an urban neighborhood.

I was trying to buy one of those for the longest... it's the only one that beats the Minelab F3 in lighter mineralization. If they have any other ones they want to sell for a good price, let me know. :D

PS. Would be much better off with AT Pros for finding spend shell casings, a PI will drive you nuts in an urban neighborhood.

I told them....even offered to give them my at pro for two more of them...lol. They got them for free and 10 other older ones from the 90s. I didn't even look at them.

See if you can get another one!.. ;)

Now you got me wanting to find a Vallon again... I really shouldn't be spending more money on detectors... :lol:

Interested to hear how it air tests. Try with an older US nickel and some large and small gold if you have any to test with.

See if you can get another one!.. ;)

Now you got me wanting to find a Vallon again... I really shouldn't be spending more money on detectors... :lol:

Interested to hear how it air tests. Try with an older US nickel and some large and small gold if you have any to test with.

Just come up with the test you guys want to see. I am running for office so I don't have a lot of time right now but I will do some testing.

:D

I've been trying to find the owners manual, but it's impossible... it's available on the CEIA website but have to register and wait for permission... screw that.

For anyone interested, the link below is a PDF of a very in depth comparison between like 10 different mine detectors including the F3, and the MIL-D1 (older non-compact model of CMD). One shocking thing about the tests, is that the PIs seem to gain depth in soil vs. in air, like a lot of us have been claiming.

http://www.lu.lv/materiali/bibliote...and evaluation of metal detectors (STEMD).pdf

The Vallon VMH3 mine detector seems to have the best performance, but I've never seen one for sale at a reasonable price...

ive seen the graph and the vallen definately performs on the highest end. someone got some vallen on ebay right now for sale

Man, that's a pretty cool machine Crumble!!! Hopefully you get lots of yellow with it,...... ;)

Hello,

I've had my Vallon VHM3CS for some weeks. I use it for beachcombing, and I must admit its perfs are ... Well I can find a an inch of very thin wire at 3 inches deep. I've even found paper stapples.

Aside a piece of silver chain, I have not found anything valuable for now, but hey, I keep searching.

Does anyone has the wiring schematics for the headset ? I'd like to build an adapter for the six pins plug to a female jack.

Best regards,

Brinbrin

Makes me wanna find pancakes

Attachments

• family-kitchenware-plastic-slotted-pancake-turner-spatula-cooking-tool-black.jpg
    family-kitchenware-plastic-slotted-pancake-turner-spatula-cooking-tool-black.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 656
Yeah old post...

... but relevant post :grin: It began in 2013. the post before mine, by Vermonster, was in November 2018, so the thread may someday span on a decade, as these military grade machines are built to last.

So, the wiring for the Vallon VHM3CS headset ? Anybody ?

Like all headsets there is a left and right, your going to need to do some testing with a speaker to tell what is what on the pin out. Got a picture of the fitting?

Here’s the correct connector for the Vallon headset plug,

https://www.ebay.com/p/Amphenol-Pt0...m=132229281357&_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850

Here is the pin out for the Vallon signals on the plug.

ic4tvn.jpg

The output will only correctly drive piezo type headsets without a matching transformer. Here’s how to get a lot more information.

Google this - it will eventually get you to a 67 page thread on the Vallon “Eric foster is back vallon vmh3cs”

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips.

The six pins plug schematics is in the "METAL DETECTOR VMH3CS Software version 1.14_click OPERATION MANUAL" issued by the Vallon company.

But the B + F pins will not deliver any signal unless you do shunt other pins. That's the point I'm missing. The shunt have to tell the mainboard to stop delivering the signal to the loudspeaker, and redirect it to the headset.

Thanks for the tip with Eric foster on geotech1.com. I'll come back and post the pins schematics when I find it. It may be useful to others.

Back
Top Bottom