Equinox impresses!

metaladdict

Elite Member
I have dug coins in very close proximity to a rusty nail and bolt and tack, none other of my detectors have done this!
Happy detecting out there !

Well if nothing else 40+ years of detecting has taught me what's good for the goose isn't always good for the gander. My buddy and I have hunted our schools with our E-Trac's, CTX's, Deus's you name it, to the point they no longer would give up squat. I take my 800 to these same locations and I've found more keepers with it in the last month than I did with my E-Trac/Deus combo in the last year.

Not saying the Equinox is the end all for everyone but simply it is producing keepers again in dead spots for me. And that's all I care about at this point LOL Sorry.

In fact I just got home from a quick hunt at a school we've hunted to death and to the point it no longer was producing. I came home with 1 merc, 2 wheats and a KS tax token. What can I say but it works for me.

Oh, and it's so darn much lighter LOL.

Well if nothing else 40+ years of detecting has taught me what's good for the goose isn't always good for the gander. My buddy and I have hunted our schools with our E-Trac's, CTX's, Deus's you name it, to the point they no longer would give up squat. I take my 800 to these same locations and I've found more keepers with it in the last month than I did with my E-Trac/Deus combo in the last year.

Not saying the Equinox is the end all for everyone but simply it is producing keepers again in dead spots for me. And that's all I care about at this point LOL Sorry.

In fact I just got home from a quick hunt at a school we've hunted to death and to the point it no longer was producing. I came home with 1 merc, 2 wheats and a KS tax token. What can I say but it works for me.

I agree and yes its lighter than my At pro with stock coil. I can't imagine swinging an e trac!

This is my experience as well. I have barely touched my ctx since March for these same reasons. Sold my etrac and at pro. Every time I swing the ctx it doesn't take long before I wish I was swinging my 800. So much lighter and faster. True wireless headphones are huge bonus for me as well. I can't stand messing with corded headphones anymore. Even the ctx module is a hassle. I will keep my ctx but my 800 is my go to. If I ever get a 6 inch and a large coil for the 800 I might just sell the ctx.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was out last week with my 800 in high trash and have you noticed you can swing slow in an area and there will be a high tone then turn a little and the high tone is gone. No wonder people think places are never hunted out. They are just at the wrong angle with the machine.:grin:

I was out last week with my 800 in high trash and have you noticed you can swing slow in an area and there will be a high tone then turn a little and the high tone is gone. No wonder people think places are never hunted out. They are just at the wrong angle with the machine.:grin:

Yup. Although, I think a lot of it is swing technique and operator complacency. Both with the NOX and CTX, I'll follow friends and there is at least a dozen times where I've shouted out to them when I get a signal in an area they just covered. Sure enough, they'll come over, swing a little slower, and from other angles and then BAM, they'll hear the signal.

Nox is a great machine, period. Nonetheless, as with any new toy, I think operators are more tenacious in trying to find something to brag about.

That's not unique to the 800. I had a similar experience with my Vaquero on the weekend. While I was barbequing I was also putzing around my yard that I've detected with everything I've owned in the last 20 years. I just had said to my boy "there's no chance of finding anything here anymore". I decided to crank everything on the Vaquero to the max and just see what happens. I dug 8 coins in a 3 foot square area! 7 pennies and a dime. This was an area that I had used to make an ATMax video when I was showing the ATMax hitting a silver dime on edge at 5.5". There was a lot of ground noise on the Max that gave me no interest in pursuing, but the Vaquero proved that they were actually coins worth digging.

Nothing is ever hunted out!

Back
Top Bottom