about contest phonies

Status
Not open for further replies.

nscrcr8z

Forum Supporter
About three weeks ago there was a contest from a certain individual on here stating he had a jar of pennys I believe. The closest to the correct amount won two war nickels.....also stated that once the winner was announce he/she would get them out the following. Monday well lucky me I won got one p.m asking for my addy I comply..that's the last I here of the person ... don't take it wrong I'm not upset about the war nickels I've got plenty but if you hold a contest and if a person wins be a man about it and step up to the plate and follow. Through. With the contest ....any else been stiffed yet? From a fraudulent contest? And I'm sorry if I offended anyone most I say is as great as they come but even on here y ou still get some ruined Apples in this messed up world I guess a
mans word is about all we got .....and its not a 10th of what it use to be:shock:

Have you tried contacting them? I know Leftyz won the last contest from this person, ask he ever received his prize.

Yes tried contacting but never got another response.....like I said no big deal but if your gonna hold a contest. Follow thru with it:lol:

Hope you're not being overly critical too soon. I don't know who the person was but of the hundreds I've watched on here, we've had none of that in reality. Haven't often had a contest like that either but I'd first think there's a snafu of some sort before I'd accuse him of not manning up. Just say'n. Hope it works out.

PM whomever the contest starter was. Please keep this kind of stuff between yourselves.

If there is something shady going on why would you want it covered up ?

No cover up. The forum does not sponsor, or monitor, the running of member contests.

The reason for initiating contact with the contest organizer via a PM is to avoid starting a lot of unnecessary drama on the boards, without any factual information.

No cover up. The forum does not sponsor, or monitor, the running of member contests.

The reason for initiating contact with the contest organizer via a PM is to avoid starting a lot of unnecessary drama on the boards, without any factual information.
Well he did say that he tried to contact him and got no response back. I think as long as this thread doesn't become a bashing accusatory thread, it is perfectly healthy and is more likely a good way to get the issue resolved.

I know that the member who posted the contest was off on his family vacation for a few days before he was able to ship my prize out, perhaps it just got lost in the shuffle?

To the OP, you may have better luck posting up an inquiry at his web forum at his site, www.changevalues.com I am sure he keeps a better eye out for posts over there than here.

friendly members solve problems among themselves. Calling someone as a "phony" can be seen as a personal attack.

I don't respond to PMs once in a while, I hope people don't rant and rave about nhkeith didn't answer his PM..
when I have been off the message board for a week or two because real life stuff calls. (bringing mom to the hospital for an operation, having your pet get sick, or work asks you to work a few extra nights of overtime.)

I am sure the issue will get resolved one way or the other. Good Luck metal detecting, which is the REAL reason we all come here and post stories, images, experiences, tip and tricks. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR NEXT HUNT>..

Just for the record...when I held a contest, the prize(2 silver dimes) was in the mail the day after the winner was announced.

You're only as good as your word.:D

Everyone who has posted in here so far are not the parties involved (except the OP), so no worries and NO COVER UP!!

Last edited:
Not to hijack the thread, but this reminded me of the times when I have either sold/bought/or traded a detector to one of the forums members and left them a good feedback and never get one in return or for that matter don't even hear from them again. I could see if they weren't happy with what they got from me, but to not even get a negative remark or feedback :?:.

Well like I said and I could really care less bout the war nickels I got plenty ...my point. Is if your gonna hold a contest ....atleast follow thru with the reward......don't take it the wrong way whether. Its a penny or a 50.00 gold piece if you won it( usually)
You expect. To get it right?

Well like I said and I could really care less bout the war nickels I got plenty ...my point. Is if your gonna hold a contest ....atleast follow thru with the reward......don't take it the wrong way whether. Its a penny or a 50.00 gold piece if you won it( usually)
You expect. To get it right?
No offense to the person that held the contest, but I understand completely what you are saying nscrcr8z and would feel the same way. Take into consideration though that things happen & there may very well be a good reason for the delay.

Truth be told it does happen. I've heard of it in the past. Someone holding a contest then having countless excuses as to why the prize hadn't been sent to the point the person who won finally just said forget it.
Without the name calling this is a valid point IMO. It is a fact.
Don't host a contest if you have no intention of "completing" it.
While we're on the subject, don't "enter" a contest 2 weeks after it ends either :lol: That's a fact as well...LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom