Just wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe we could have a contest to guess who won :lol:

Last edited:
It seems to me like he wasn't sure what he wanted to do with the detector.
At first he said 10dollors, then he made it into a contest, and then on the day he said he was going to say who won, He change his mind. Don't understand what his intention was. :thinking:

More like the Left Hanging and Wondering Thread :lol:
Least he could have done in all fairness to everyone that entered is at least tell us what it was. Geesh.
It was just probably one of these bing bongers things anyways, would have to pay him $10.00 to keep it :lol::lol::lol:.

Attachments

• Ace_250_small (Small).gif
    Ace_250_small (Small).gif
    66.8 KB · Views: 386
He said someone guessed it right but didn't say who and wanted people to keep going. Then a day after he was to announce a winner he got mad because everyone wanted to know who won. He said something about his or someones brother dying and we were being disrespectful.:?: ????? How are we supposed to know when someone dies? I checked his other posts and there was no mention of anyone dying. I don't know what happened but nothing ever came of it. I didn't even see a good reason for closing the thread.

OK, Just went back and looked. I think beerdoodle was joking about his brother drowing in a vat of beer. Westernlegend1 took it seriously and got mad that we wanted to know the winner.

Last edited:
He said someone guessed it right but didn't say who and wanted people to keep going. Then a day after he was to announce a winner he got mad because everyone wanted to know who won. He said something about his or someones brother dying and we were being disrespectful.:?: ????? How are we supposed to know when someone dies? I checked his other posts and there was no mention of anyone dying. I don't know what happened but nothing ever came of it. I didn't even see a good reason for closing the thread.

OK, Just went back and looked. I think beerdoodle was joking about his brother drowing in a vat of beer. Westernlegend1 took it seriously and got mad that we wanted to know the winner.

Agreed......

Rudy changed the thread title to $10 detector prize and moved it into the contest section.

Folks posted pictures guessing the brand and I thought it was a fun idea and said go ahead and guess, so Rudy took it upon himself to change the wording of the thread as a prize and moved it.
6 were interested in the machine, and than some folks got sort of snotty due to my not telling them right away on Sunday night who won, when it was a for sale detector, i just wasn't able to log in that night.
They were not too friendly.
Craig locked the thread at that point.
I thanked Craig for locking the thread after he had done so.
Thats where things ended up at.

I went and re-read the thread. It doesn't look like it got nasty. If people PM'd you over it I guess it would be annoying and they should have waited for you. People were just wanting to know who won. Rudy changed the thread because you weren't selling it anymore. You made it a contest.

"These last two posters have given me an idea, with six folks wanting this machine so far. The only way to be fair is to offer the detector to the first person who posts a picture of the $10 detector"

Thats what you said isn't it?

I know this is going to sound rude but this is how it played out for the members involved in the thread.

1. You were selling a detector for $10.
2. Then you were considering giving it to the homeless.
3. You made it into a contest then later Rudy moved it to the contest forum and you went along with it because you had in fact made it a contest.
4. Almost 6 hours after the 7PM deadline that you set, You post that you're still taking guesses and that someone got it correct.
5. Then everyone starts wanting to know who won as the contest was supposed to be over. You even said someone got it right. You then get upset about a joke and call us disrespectful and abandon the contest.
6. Then the thread quickly gets closed for no real reason. There are contests that ended weeks ago that are still open.

I agree with one thing, It wasn't very friendly. I apologize in advance for posting it like this but thats what actually happened.

Last edited:
Rudy changed the thread title to $10 detector prize and moved it into the contest section.

Because you turned it into a contest while it was still in the classifieds Pete.
I moved it, changed the title and sent you a PM. You responded thanking me for it. :?:

So he is now a pending member in limbo.
I caught the last post, (also in limbo land), where he told everyone to get a life and said goodbye.
All this over what went on in this thread.
I like this place, I think reclassifying this thread seemed logical to me, and I feel slightly insulted by that last crack.
I would say more, but I think maturity wins out over childishness every time.

He seems like a nice guy and has provided lots of valuable information to the forum. I don't think he should leave or be removed because of this.

Agreed. I love reading all WL's posts on treasure stories for all the states, I spent hours one night readin through several of them. Dig up some more on Southern Illinois. :D

Agreed. I love reading all WL's posts on treasure stories for all the states, I spent hours one night readin through several of them. Dig up some more on Southern Illinois. :D

A lot of those treasure stories, were the same ones I got from that computer CD that you get from Kellyco's when you buy a detector. Word for word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom