Hey Mud and Rat

Hey! Its TRUE! OK, going straight from memory here, not using the Googly masheen, heres what I know about Large Carchardon Carcarias captures...

In the early 60's or late 50's the World Record Rod&Reel White Shark was caught off of Ceduna Australia by a guy named Alfred Dean...it weighed 2664 lbs...

Then, In the late 70's I think, right after the Jaws Mania, some guy off the East Coast named Capt Frank something or another, caught a larger one and broke the record!...I cant remember what that one weighed....

But YES! Theres massive GW's swimming around in Lake Michigan! Of course, the local beach towns do NOT want to make this public knowledge, since their entire income is based on tourism from a short 3 month season...Thats why a lot of times, when somebody is lost in Lake Michigan, they are never found. Those Big sharks just swallow a person whole!

They dont have the time to diddle around with an exploratory bite like their pelagic brethren! 3 month season like I said! They gotta gobble up as many Humans as fast as possible to make it through the year! We dont have seals for them to eat, just nice soft fat greasy Humans!

Although they have come up to my boat and snip off a salmon right at the point of landing it...My Boat is 20' long, about 6' wide, and a few of those sharks were every bit as big! Nobody believes me of course...Why would they? Running around barefoot offshore with no electronics in a homemade plywood boat? Obviously insane to some degree...:laughing:

Theres all sorts of what are considered 'Salt water' fish up in here...gobies, lampreys, salmon, alewives, so sure, why not Sharks!

I would guess this article you posted about is a fake though, just on account of nobody here uses gear heavy enough to land a creature of that magnitude..Hell, you see reels explode and rods shred on a mid sized salmon!

You would need the kind of gear those Bluefin guys use! Including the harpoons! But except for setting down little baitfish, you would need to be using a big fat stupid Kid of some sort! Sure, they are all around here in abundance, easy to catch so that would be no problem, its just that if you take a 1/2 dozen out for a days worth of fishing bait, once you get offshore a few miles, and rig one up and over the side, waiting for a bite, settle back in and have a smoke, you gotta listen to the rest of them whine and moan about the lack of free Wifi!..:laughing:

Plus, to be in Coast Guard Compliance, you need a lifejacket for EACH of them when you leave the dock! On the way back in, all those empty lifejackets be blowing around all over the place!..Knocking over your beer and stuff...Its just another minor detail to be aware of for a Lake Michigan Shark Fisherman...

I used to read a lot about sharks as you can see...so I know what I'm talking about! Scubadee dont! In fact, I would imagine that Scubadee has been snuck up on a time or two by a GW as he was geezling along in the mud looking for bottles in the Detroit River...So far, the sharks have given him a pass, possibly out of a notion of Familial Respect? :laughing:

Attachments

• salmon 2011-2.jpg
    salmon 2011-2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 156
  • salmon sept.jpg
    salmon sept.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 159
  • salmon 1.jpg
    salmon 1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Hey! Its TRUE! OK, going straight from memory here, not using the Googly masheen, heres what I know about Large Carchardon Carcarias captures...

I used to read a lot about sharks as you can see...so I know what I'm talking about! Scubadee dont! :laughing:

I will admit he knows a lot more than I do. They have to swim up my lake to get to his. Probably not hungry as they came up the St Lawrence seaway already stuffed with seals

Just ignore the false advertising at the bottom of that picture.

I will admit he knows a lot more than I do. They have to swim up my lake to get to his.
Just ignore the false advertising at the bottom of that picture.

Right Bob? Plus, you and I know the tremendous amount of road salt that seeps its way into the Great Lakes every year since the 60's! Each and every port town up and down this whole watershed has an immense stack of it ready to deploy in season...Massive piles of salt! Like the Pyramids of Giza Mortons style!! Its not even hidden! Let alone all the rivers feeding the main body of water....So yeah, with all this salt, the GW's are right at home here!

The thing that concerns me more than sharks is, the Wastewater 'effluent hormonal' issue...Its really messing up a lot of the species here, not only the Humans! These big old Sharks are losing their identity...they dont know if they are male or female anymore?...half the time in a raging rampage gobbling up beanie babies off the beach, or else laying on the bottom in a lazy stupor during football season! This makes them doubly hard for a fisherman to track and capture....

Also the brain eating microbes here...swimmers itch protozoans, all sorts of bad stuff here in the Great Lakes! Not a good place for a Human to metal detect...Hell, I have noticed the hormonal effluent effects personally...spending so much of my Life in the waters here, drinking them daily, with the hormones and all, eating the fish and whatnot, messing up my genetics, half the time I cant tell if I'm coming or going!

Should I do the laundry or go mow the yard? I cry a lot more than I used to...that might be from the mercury though right? I'm dealing with it the best I can...You can see I'm 'expecting' thanks to soaking in the hormonal Lake Michigan water in leaky waders looking for gold! I'm hoping for a boy...preferably a big strong mute to help me out around here....:laughing:

Attachments

• aug 18-16-3.jpg
    aug 18-16-3.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

In the early 60's or late 50's the World Record Rod&Reel White Shark was caught off of Ceduna Australia by a guy named Alfred Dean...it weighed 2664 lbs...

Then, In the late 70's I think, right after the Jaws Mania, some guy off the East Coast named Capt Frank something or another, caught a larger one and broke the record!...I cant remember what that one weighed....

But YES! Theres massive GW's swimming around in Lake Michigan! Of course, the local beach towns do NOT want to make this public knowledge, since their entire income is based on tourism from a short 3 month season...Thats why a lot of times, when somebody is lost in Lake Michigan, they are never found. Those Big sharks just swallow a person whole!

They dont have the time to diddle around with an exploratory bite like their pelagic brethren! 3 month season like I said! They gotta gobble up as many Humans as fast as possible to make it through the year! We dont have seals for them to eat, just nice soft fat greasy Humans!

Although they have come up to my boat and snip off a salmon right at the point of landing it...My Boat is 20' long, about 6' wide, and a few of those sharks were every bit as big! Nobody believes me of course...Why would they? Running around barefoot offshore with no electronics in a homemade plywood boat? Obviously insane to some degree...:laughing:

Theres all sorts of what are considered 'Salt water' fish up in here...gobies, lampreys, salmon, alewives, so sure, why not Sharks!

I would guess this article you posted about is a fake though, just on account of nobody here uses gear heavy enough to land a creature of that magnitude..Hell, you see reels explode and rods shred on a mid sized salmon!

You would need the kind of gear those Bluefin guys use! Including the harpoons! But except for setting down little baitfish, you would need to be using a big fat stupid Kid of some sort! Sure, they are all around here in abundance, easy to catch so that would be no problem, its just that if you take a 1/2 dozen out for a days worth of fishing bait, once you get offshore a few miles, and rig one up and over the side, waiting for a bite, settle back in and have a smoke, you gotta listen to the rest of them whine and moan about the lack of free Wifi!..:laughing:

Plus, to be in Coast Guard Compliance, you need a lifejacket for EACH of them when you leave the dock! On the way back in, all those empty lifejackets be blowing around all over the place!..Knocking over your beer and stuff...Its just another minor detail to be aware of for a Lake Michigan Shark Fisherman...

I used to read a lot about sharks as you can see...so I know what I'm talking about! Scubadee dont! In fact, I would imagine that Scubadee has been snuck up on a time or two by a GW as he was geezling along in the mud looking for bottles in the Detroit River...So far, the sharks have given him a pass, possibly out of a notion of Familial Respect? :laughing:

And there you have it. Free entertainment. Great job Mud.

That article is a bunch of hooey! Any fool knows it's the Bull Sharks that get you in Lake Michigan.
We're pretty safe here up north on the Michigan side because of the constant stream of human chum dumped into the lake @ the city of Chicongo.

But it pays to stay vigilant. Bull sharks and polar bears man. Big danger! :wow:

That article is a bunch of hooey! Any fool knows it's the Bull Sharks that get you in Lake Michigan.
We're pretty safe here up north on the Michigan side because of the constant stream of human chum dumped into the lake @ the city of Chicongo.

But it pays to stay vigilant. Bull sharks and polar bears man. Big danger! :wow:
Lmao at Chicongo

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom