Travel scoops - anything new?

DaviDs

Forum Supporter
Over the winter I cleaned house, selling all my scoops except for the Stealth but now found it won't fit in my new luggage. Seems I'm back to RTG unless there is a company that has something new? Let me rephrase.... a scoop & collapsable handles for under $140 delivered.

If nothing new, a 6" RTG will work, but would want 3/8" or 1/2" holes, definately not the 5/8". Dealers or you collectors....y'all got one that you want to get rid of at a cash (paypal F&F) price?

-David

Attachments

• rtg.jpg
    rtg.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 327
I glued my shaft into my scoop a couple years ago and.can't get the friggen thing out.. That being said I've taken a dozen flights with it since January.
Put the scoop in a box. Small cardboard. The shaft is another issue unless you have a travel shaft.

I glued my shaft into my scoop a couple years ago and.can't get the friggen thing out.. That being said I've taken a dozen flights with it since January.
Put the scoop in a box. Small cardboard. The shaft is another issue unless you have a travel shaft.
Clamp the scoop into a vise then take a propane torch and heat the pipe. Be gentle and not burn the shaft up. Have a strong friend start twisting, it will come out.

Over the winter I cleaned house, selling all my scoops except for the Stealth but now found it won't fit in my new luggage. Seems I'm back to RTG unless there is a company that has something new? Let me rephrase.... a scoop & collapsable handles for under $140 delivered.

If nothing new, a 6" RTG will work, but would want 3/8" or 1/2" holes, definately not the 5/8". Dealers or you collectors....y'all got one that you want to get rid of at a cash (paypal F&F) price?

-David
Where you going David? Sounds like you have a nice trip in planning.

Well, since you asked..there is the new 'Bit Scoop' available from a company called 'Mudpuppy Enterprises'..Its a wonderful option available for traveling detectorists such as yourself!! What you do is..send this guy 'Mudpuppy' a lot of money, lets say $50, and then all you do is just simply go and hunt! Anywhere in the World! You dont scoop a diddly damn! Just hunt! The 'Mudpuppy Bit Scoop' evaluates your signals and deposits the appropriate amount of the estimated target right smack into your bank account!

So yeah.. Send $50 upfront membership access fee, PM your bank account Pin, and just go ahead and hunt! You aint gonna find dick anyway, so why bother digging it up or dealing with the hassle of scoop shipments? Let 'Mudpuppy Enterprises' handle the logistics!:laughing: Tell him you are a friend of mine, and I bet you can get it for $40!

Where you going David? Sounds like you have a nice trip in planning.
Yuppers, got our passports and have the in-laws coming to watch the kids. First vaca that wifey and I have taken "ALONE" in almost 10 years. She is a trooper too.....already said, "make sure you pack your detector."
:lol:

Anyhow, we have three almost back-to-back trips in North Carolina, Nassau, and Miami. I just need a scoop that will fit in the luggage. :yes:

Yuppers, got our passports and have the in-laws coming to watch the kids. First vaca that wifey and I have taken "ALONE" in almost 10 years. She is a trooper too.....already said, "make sure you pack your detector."
:lol:

Anyhow, just gotta buy another scoop. :yes:

And that's when you know you've married up. :)

Well, since you asked..there is the new 'Bit Scoop' available from a company called 'Mudpuppy Enterprises'..
Cool, i'm sending my brothers-cousins-nieces-grandnephew to pick it up. I'm going to write you a check for $2,000 more than you are asking, but please give him the cash so he has gas money to bring it back. :laughing:

Anyhow, we have three almost back-to-back trips in North Carolina, Nassau, and Miami.

When's the Miami trip? If you don't figure it out I have an extra one when we go out for a hunt together :friends:.

When's the Miami trip? If you don't figure it out I have an extra one when we go out for a hunt together :friends:.

You are such a good guy Felix, thanks! I'll find one but will definitely let you know when we'll be there. Besides, I have to let you swing the CTX and get you hooked so you add another heater to your arsenal.

this is what my scoop looks like for travelling. no problems getting it on the plane. most of the shaft is 4mm so it's about as indestruclable as it can get

Attachments

• 20170412_122024_resized.jpg
    20170412_122024_resized.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 79
Back
Top Bottom