columbian silver half dollar coin ring

Are you using the punch kit from harbor freight? I find that if i set the coin on the counter and use a marker to mark the coin while the punch is centered before sliding it in between the two plates it's alot easier to punch dead center... Stupid trick, but works well for me.

Are you using the punch kit from harbor freight? I find that if i set the coin on the counter and use a marker to mark the coin while the punch is centered before sliding it in between the two plates it's alot easier to punch dead center... Stupid trick, but works well for me.

Nevtrack hit me with some great info! harbor freight has a punch transfer set. 10 bucks.

use a needle punch to dimple dead center, then the punch transfer of the correct size centers the coin in the punchout hole perfectly. every time! just be sure your initial needle punch to mark center coin IS deacd center lol.

i picked up a transfer punch set a lil while ago, and am about to use it to punch out a walker. its next up for mutilation, or ringdom!!:lol:

Back
Top Bottom