Weekend Results...

z118

Forum Supporter
I managed to get out a few times this weekend, although Sunday was mostly raining/snowing so I wasn't out long.

Managed 143 clad coins and one wheat penny (1952), which puts me at 15 wheats and NO silver.

Among the other items I found (pictured below) was an interesting wizard pendant, which is actually suprisingly detailed (more than it shows in the pic).  Almost went in the junk pocket when I pulled it out...  it looked like a blob of solder or something.

Also a really cool heavy gold colored boyscout token which unfortunately had what looks like a nasty run in with a lawn mower.  The back of it reads "Secretly transfer me to your right pocket each day after your good turn has been done."  Kind of cool.  I wish it had avoided the lawn mower. It's actually pretty thick too - those mower blades pack a punch!

Lastly, a clad quarter with one side completely scraped/sanded off.  It is an Indiana state quarter from 2002.  Any idea why or how this happens?  Someone just bored I'm guessing, playing around with some sort of tool?

Thanks for looking...

Attachments

• DetectFinds006.jpg
    DetectFinds006.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 178
Congrats on the finds there z.!. Can't help with the 'sanded quarter', tend to agree about someone bored. The boy scout token was a popular item with the Scouts....as you did your good deed for the day, you moved it from pocket to the other. The wizard pendant looks pretty cool, any markings on it?
Thanks for sharing your finds and good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom