WOW,look at this coin

simonthesearcher

Forum Supporter
Found this today,its silver and about the same size as that other Celtic coin i found.Not sure if it is Celtic yet but it sure looks like it to me.Not sure of the age yet but will find out shortly

Attachments

• unknown coin 1.jpg
    unknown coin 1.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 405
  • unknown coin 2.jpg
    unknown coin 2.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 402
  • celtic.jpg
    celtic.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 388
  • celtic 1.jpg
    celtic 1.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 383
simonthesearcher said:
Thanks Voriax,,i was thinking about the same date but Epatticus?

Yeah, forgot to add that. It's listed as Atrebates: Epatticus. Dunno what/who the Epatticus was.. :?:

Voriax

Edit: Ah, he was an Atrebates king. so the date is 35-43 AD

All I can say is WOW! What I would give to find something even remotely that old. Nice going Simon!

That is a fantastic find. Two miles from stonhenge, Wow
You have the location of dreams.
Congrats to you. :wow: :wow:

And we Americans get excited over a couple hundred year old coin. I can't imagine finding something that old and in that great of shape. Way to go my man. :wow:

Hey Bear,theres nothing wrong with what you guys over there are finding,ive said it before its all relative,if your country is 400 years old then a coin of 100 years is old.I would love to find some of those coins you get there,who know,s maybe i will be over there sometime knocking on your door.

You have blown my mind again. (it can't take too much more :lol) Beautiful condition. Huge CONGRATS again!

Was this with the new EXP?

I have a spare room. You're welcome anytime.

Good job Simon! 2000 year old coins are a great find. Just keep going back for more.

Is this a certain I.D. Simon ?
I had an Epaticcus Eagle twenty years back and it had the same eagle side but a bust on the other (of Epaticcus). Description was C35-42 AD. AR unit. 1.12gram. Herakles style bust with lionskin headress. EPATI in front, beaded border. Spread eagle clutching snake, beaded border.
There's a whole host of similar eagles like the 10-42 AD Verica Eagle.

Back
Top Bottom