1 st pic posted - I hope

steve in so la

Forum Supporter
Lets try posting a pic with help from our Moderator. And thank you very much for putting my crosses pic on the forum.

Here's some of the eagle buttons I have dug, Steve in so az

Attachments

• 47b4dd23b3127cce9eeecfc0f11f00000016108AcuGbZs0asw.jpg
    47b4dd23b3127cce9eeecfc0f11f00000016108AcuGbZs0asw.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,330
:wow: Those are sweet! Did you find them all in the same area?

No - I dug them one here and one there over several years time - at 4-5 different forts . Steve

There has to be some advantage in getting no rain here :) They came out of the ground almost as is, steve

I am curious about the different letters in each button, Looks like an I.R.D.&C. , Maybe Infantry or some thing, I could guess on the rest. But am not sure. Have you found a link to indentify them?smg

Yes - plenty of books out there on the initials.

I = Infantry
R = Mounted Rifles
D = Dragoons
C = Cavalry

Steve

Hi Steve...

Glad to see you finally joined this forum! This is a good one for sure!

Cool buttons! I got one when I was at a B&B off the Gettysburg battlefield last year but it sure didn't look like any of those :grin:

Oh... 4 or 5 different forts. I thought you had gotten those all from the same soldier's uniform. I was gonna say... how deep was he buried? ...or how deep did you bury him?  :lol:
J/K ya Steve (you can retain a smile now). Very nice collection you got going, man.
I got me a little collection going myself (I gotta take a new pic and post it soon). To me, buttons hold the slot right next to them good old coins!  :yes:

Krom ["Kewl reminder of memories"] (... diggin' coins, that is.  ;))

Awesome buttons in the best dug condition I've seen...gotta love those relics! Keep up the good work! Hank :grin:

Krom - Post a recent pic of yours - I'd like to see them. I agree with you about buttons being right up there also, steve

They're not exclusively military... just my favorites:
(BTW... it says I modified your post. I just wanted to change the "n" you typed in Krom, to "m". Didn't mean to look like Richard Burton in "1984" ;))

Attachments

• Buttons2b.jpg
    Buttons2b.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 726
Thanks for the correction - soon as I hit the post button I saw my mistake.
Buttons of all kinds are fun to dig. I took all the non-civil war eagle buttons I had - like the one in your pic lower center - and put them on a display board. Steve in so az

Back
Top Bottom